closing time

OMNISCIENT

OMNISCIENT

celene sighed and ran her hand down her apron, which only wrapped around waist, and reapplied her cherry chapstick. it was nearing closing time and she couldn't wait 'til the clock dinged so she could lock the doors. the led lights from the 'ms. hattie's comfort diner' sign gave her skin a 'glow'.  she took glances between the clock and small box tv sitting above the diner menu.

the only noises heard were the sounds of the news, the ticking from the clock and the small buzzing noise from the lights. the bell, signifying someone had entered the diner, had rung and celene's tired eyes darted in the direction. she seen a man with a hood on walk and sit in a booth. "hey welcome to ms. hattie's!" celene said fake enthused. the man didn't respond.

pursing her lips, celene grabbed a menu and walked over to the man who chose to sit in the booth that couldn't be seen by the cameras. she placed the menu down in front of him and pulled out her notepad. "order when you're ready" she said smiling. the man shifted in his seat and pulled his hood down. celene silently gasped at the beauty of the man.

his skin as she could see it was smooth with ink etched around it. his eyebrows had a semi- bushy look to it, but was no doubt maintained. his eyelashes curled and made celene a little envious. he cleared his throat and celene noticed he was staring right back at her. "i said i wanted a coffee with seven creams and seven sugars" his cigarette damaged voice said.

celene was shocked by the raspy and semi-low voice she had heard. she imagined him sounding different. she wrote down his order and nodded her head at him. "will that be all?" she asked. "i'll get more before this place closes, but for now i'm fine" he responded. she nodded her head again and went off to pour his coffee. she walked behind the bar and grabbed a mug, before grabbing the coffee pot and pouring the hot brown liquid into it.

when she finished pouring the coffee she grabbed seven creams and poured them in the dark liquid. she got a small spoon from the rack behind her and stitred it. once she stirred it she added the sugars and proceeded to bring the coffee over to him. she walked over to the secluded area of the diner and sat his coffee down in front of him. she started to walk off again, but was stopped. "hey, sit down" he said.

"huh?" she said confused. "sit down, keep me company" he said. she gulped and sat on the opposite side of him. he picked up his mug and brought it to his lips. he took a sip and she looked around nervously. he sat the mug down. "so, how long you been working here?" he asked. "uh, my whole life basically" she said laughing nervously. "why is that?" he asked. celene didn't answer immediately; she couldn't.

it was something about his voice that threw her off and made her feel weird. the way he was speaking, sounding as if he was whispering in her ear seductively. her voice got stuck in her throat as inappropriate thoughts roamed through her mind. she closed her eyes and cleared her throat. "this is my grandma's diner" she managed to say. she opened her eyes and seen him staring with a smirk on his face.

"that's nice, you okay?" he asked tilting his head. "oh, yeah uh i'm fine" she said twiddling her thumbs. he took another sip then sat the mug back down. "come sit next to me" he suggested. "i don't think-" she started. he gave her a look showing that it wasn't necessarily a suggestion, but a demand. she took a breath and scooted out the booth and sat next to him on the darker side of the table.

he placed his hand on her bare knee since the waitress dress didn't cover it and picked up the menu. he leaned his head towards her head and crept up her thigh. he whispered in her ear.

"can you tell me if there's anything good to eat?"

------------------
hope you enjoyed