Goodnight (Part 3)

Goodnight (Part 3)
______________________

Italy's POV

I don't know what time is it, but it was already dark. I look out the window to see that the moon had risen and and the stars were shining. I look at the hallways and realized I was lost again... the lights were already turned off so it was dark and scary. I whimpered as I slowly walk around, trying not to tell in fear. I didn't like to be alone, the house was large and I forgot where my room was.

I somehow made my way to the dinning room. It seemed that everyone cleaned up most of the mess. That remind me that I was still hungry after I didn't get to finish my dinner! I quickly make my way to the kitchen and turn on the light switch. I peek my head into the fridge and my eyes lit up when I saw there was leftover pasta. I smiled and heated it up. I eat it quickly, careful not to burn myself, and yawned. I finally glanced at the clock, 2:30 am... it was late...

I felt my eyes get tired and I tried not to fall asleep in the table. I didn't want to go to my room, I couldn't find the switch to the hallway lights and it was very dark.

My eyed closed for a while and laid my head on the table until I heard the something on the window. I look up to see that it had started raining. I frowned, I didn't like it when rained for many reasons:

One, It doesn't let me sleep

Two, It reminds me and makes me think there's going to be a thunderstorm which I am terrified of.

Three, it was raining the same day when I was told that Holy Rome was never coming back...

I felt a tear escape and run down as I remembered. Why am I thinking about that now? I usually don't mind it, but even after all those years, it still hurts... I closed my eyes and tried to block out the noise...

Flashback...

"Italy... we have something to tell you... Come here." Said Austria who was sitting, with a frown on his face. Italy was in his room, he had already finished his chores and was painting. The little boy smiled and quickly walked over to them. Italy was barely feeling better about Holy Rome having to leave. He could still feel his first kiss before he walked away. Even if he was a boy, Italy loved and missed him. At first, the young child seemed sad, but then started being his old self when he remembered Holy Romes's promise to return. Italy was a little older now, it's been years, but he still haven't outgrown the little green dress. Italy skipped happily towards Austria and sat down on a chair. He noticed Hungary was standing next to Austria, with a serious expressions looking down. Italy then noticed France was there too. Italy smiled and greeter him with a hug, it's been a while he had seen him.
"Big Brother France! I missed you! Why are you here? Did you came to visit me?" The excited boy asked and France made a small smile back but his face was serious again. "Bonjour Italy. It's nice to see you again, but  I actually came to-" France was cut off by Italy's yelp when the boy saw it started raining. "Look! It's raining! Does it mean there's going to be a storm? I don't like storms! They're scary!" France placed the scared boy on his lap and petted his hair, careful of the curl, to comfort him.
"Italy... we have something important to tell you..."
Italy was confused of what they had to tell him. "What do you have to tell me?" He asked curious.

France gulped and looked away before responding, "I-it's about Holy Rome..." he said and cleared his throat. Italy's eyes widen and smiled. It's been a long time they heard about him! "Holy Rome! Is he coming back? Is he safe? Is he hurt? Is he coming here? I can't wait to see him! It's been so long, oh I missed him! When is he getting here?" Italy asked excitedly and jumped off France and moved his arms up and down. France was surprised by his reaction and frowned. He quickly went next to Italy and tried to calm him down before he could say anything else. "I-Italy calm down! Please stop jumping around!" France voice cracked a bit as he made Italy stand still. Austria just stared at the scene, and looked at Hungary who saw this with a sad expression.