chapter eleven: do not go gentle.

Never in a thousand years did she think that she would have some sort of human experience.

When she was first re-awoken, she had the intention of joining the local high school, but now she was leaving town it seemed like a useless waste of time.

With the white oak stake now gone, she had the full intention of leaving this town as fast as she could.

An invitation to the decade dance made her stay. Just for a day or two. After the dance she would pack up her bags and book a one-way trip to Chicago.

When she got the invitation from Caroline in the first place, she had wanted to decline.

She didn't even know why the bubbly girl invited her, but she thought it had something to do with pity.

Skye had never attended a high school dance. Never had the experience of something normal and trivial.

Not that Caroline Forbes would ever call a school dance trivial.

When Skye thought about that, she couldn't decline the perfect opportunity of experiencing the most human thing of her life.

This decade dance was also sort of a retake for the years she missed because she had slept in a casket.

The 20's seemed to be a good decade, so Skye was determent to mingle and just have a blast.

There had to be some people who didn't know her yet.

She knew it was normal to bring a date to this thing, but she didn't really feel like making a fool out of herself by asking someone. She was certain not everyone truly hated her anymore, but she was also convinced that they weren't friends either.

So, she would go as a single lady and try not to look stupid while standing in a corner with a glass of punch.

When Damon and Elena returned from their little trip to Denver, which was ruined by Kol, Skye figured out why they went there.

Not only were they trying to find out who sired them, they also went to pick up Elena's little brother Jeremy who had been in Denver to get him out of harm's way.

Klaus and his psychotic behavior made those efforts useless with Kol hanging around the boy though.

That also meant that Klaus had threatened Bonnie with that same boy.

Skye hadn't met Jeremy in person yet, but she figured he was a good kid.

Damon kept glaring at her, so she decided to lock herself up in her temporary room and inspect the clothing she had loaned from Caroline.

It almost felt like she was developing a friendship with the girl, but it was all so forced that she didn't want to call it that yet.

Seeing Skye had no idea how people dressed in the 20's, Caroline basically had to give her a manual on the entire decade and probably would have stayed longer to explain everything to her, wasn't it for the fact that she had gotten a call saying Rebekah hadn't shown up for the dance preparations, and that she needed to take over.

When Skye heard that she became a bit worried, her sister wanted to be human as badly as she did, but she shook it off and reminded herself that Rebekah could take care of herself.

The dress she had borrowed was a pinkish color with sequins all over the fabric.

The shape was loose and straight and flowed gently over her body. She had matching gloves, a pearl necklace, a band for in her hair and a pair of lacy heels with a strap on front.

Caroline told her she needed to make some sort of bun or curl her hair because woman in the twenties mostly had short hair, the girl even showed her a photo.