chapter twenty one: do you know how to bleed.

Surprisingly enough, the girls managed to salvage the mood and continue their girl's night with a lot of drinking, dancing, super speeding and laughter.

Bonnie even filmed Elena while she had fun with her vamp speed. It was a nice ability, so Skye didn't particularly blame her.

They had promised to ban all talk of boys after Caroline and Elena got into an argument about Damon, and until now it had gone well.

At least, until they landed in Damon's bathroom, Elena staking claim to his tub.

Bonnie was showing them the video she recorded, and laughter drifted through the air because of it. Skye never had so much fun in her life. She felt human.

'I look like Superman. Watch this,' Elena commented as she paused the video at the point where she was super speeding back into the room.

The capture showed a giant blur behind her due to the speed at which she was running, 'This year's Christmas card.'

They all giggled. Skye crossed her legs as she leaned back against the bathtub, a huge smile playing with the corners of her lips.

'Being a vampire is so weird. Oh my God, I love this bathtub. Why don't we come and hang out here more often?' Elena continued giddy, wiggling her body to find a better position and closing her eyes briefly in enjoyment.

'I'll tell you why. Cooties. Think of all the germ-ridden skanks that Damon has lured into his den of inequity,' Caroline giggled, but Skye couldn't laugh.

Neither could Elena or Bonnie for that matter.

Skye had been one of the 'germ-ridden skanks' Caroline was so easily joking about. She may never have been in his bathtub, but she did sleep with him and while she knew it hadn't been her best idea, she didn't need to hear it from Caroline too.

Elena moved to sit upright in the tub, a look of annoyance crossing over her face. Caroline noticed all their looks and sobered up immediately.

'Okay, I'm sorry. I've been good all night. I am stopping now,' Caroline sighed out, biting her lip slightly.

The brunette wasn't having any of it though as she replied back in a sarcastic manner, 'No, don't stop on my account. Rip away. I mean, it's only Damon, right?'

Skye could easily notice that anger was flaring up in Elena, making her cringe. This night was gonna go wrong very fast.

'Well, say what you want about Ripper Stefan, but at least he wasn't a man slut,' Caroline shot back, making Skye's lips part in disbelief.

Did Caroline just really continue the fight? Didn't that girl know when to shut up?

'Come on,' Bonnie noticed where this conversation was heading as well, sharing a quick look with Skye.

Both their brows were furrowed, and their lips were turned down into a grimace.

'So, what exactly was it about him that made you jump right into bed with him as soon as you met him?'

Elena's words were mean and everyone in the room knew it.

Skye hadn't known about this piece of information, but she imagined it to be an unhappy memory for Caroline, if she hated him this much.

'I didn't know what a sociopathic narcissist he was,' Caroline retorted back, trying to keep the hurt out of her voice.

'He's always been there for me when I needed him.'

'Yeah, because he's hoping you'll sleep with him.'

It took two seconds for Elena to shoot back, 'Well, maybe I did.'