Chapter 8

I sat in the kitchen sipping my coffee waiting patiently for David to make his appearance. He had come home last night and went ballistic when he found out where I went. I sighed and looked up at the clock, I still had three hours before I had to be there. It would only take me roughly an hour to drive there so I had plenty of time. I finally heard footsteps coming down the stairs and waited. David walked in with a thunderous face as he looked at me. I mentally sighed at his display of a tantrum. (add a little about his appearance here/bed heat etc.)

"David I did leave you a note letting you know where I went last night." I said reminded him.

"That's not the issue Saphia and you know it!" He growled, his eyes flashing black briefly. His wolf is pissed too it seems.

"I wanted to find out more about Derek. I won't find him on my own." I reasoned with him. He knew how important this was to me. I wasn't a child anymore.

"You wanted to find out more about Derek?" He questioned not looking at all like he believed me. "You could have been killed Saphia!" He shouted suddenly. "You didn't even have the decency to tell me about what you were thinking of doing." I thumped the table with his fist. "I am Alpha of this pack, not you, and you went to a vampire club which is forbidden unless I permit it." He growled at me again. I could see his wolfs black eyes glaring at me through David's eyes and took a deep breath to calm myself.

"I couldn't find you!" I shouted back at him angrily, my calming breath long forgotten. "You didn't come home and you weren't at the club. I needed to know more."

"I don't care what you want Saphia, you listen to me." He warned. "You went against pack rules and you know the punishment for it." He said looking regretful. He could not be serious!  silently fumed.

"Are you serious?" I screeched at him outraged. "Your going to have me whipped for finding out more information about the vampire that killed my mother?"

"I'm not having you punished for that Saphia and you know it," He gritted his teeth at me. "Your going to be punished for ignoring pack rules."

"But you know the reason why. It wasn't to disregard your authority as an Alpha it was to find a murderer." I shouted at him again. I could not believe that he was serious about this. Would he have done nothing if he were in my shoes? No, he would have done exactly the same thing I did.

"I don't care! I can't have you break pack rules and receive no punishment for it. The pack will think I'm weak." He turned his back to me and just before his body started to shake. He was battling his wolf in its rage. Though I wasn't biologically pack, the wolf accepted me as part of the pack therefor I had to follow the rules. David's wolf saw me as another dominant wolf and a potential threat to his Alpha status. I scoffed at his wolf. Why the hell would I want to be the Alpha of the pack, I couldn't even change into a bloody wolf!

"David I have to be somewhere so can this wait?" I asked as I got up. Being early never hurt. Hopefully by the time I returned David and his wolf would've calmed down.

"No, this will be dealt with now." He bit out. He slowly turned round, I could clearly see that his wolf was the one in control at the moment. I tensed up as I prepared myself to fight his wolf. "Outside at the post now." He ordered.

My heart clenched at the sound of his cold voice. I knew that there was no point in arguing, it would just piss him off more. I knew by now that he would be communicating to the pack to meet us outside to witness my punishment. It was humiliating. But it wasn't my first time, the scars littered across my back proved that. The whip used was made with silver, deadly to wolves and vampires alike. My jaw clenched in anger at his ridiculous excuse to punish me. I knew the pack would never consider David weak, besides, they all loved and respected him as their Alpha.