Sixteen

"How are you today?" Jack asks me through the phone.

Its been two days since he came over and I miss him, tremendously.

"I'd be better if I was cuddling with you to be honest. You?" I ask twirl a piece of my hair in between my fingers, staring at Isela and Amy as they eat their lunch.

"Chilling with Nash and Jack, the usual. I miss you,"

"Ugh I miss you too." I say running my hand over my face. "When are you coming back down?"

"I don't know yet, I'm doing some things in the studio today, but I might be able to come pick you up and you can spend the night here."

"I have stupid school." I sigh. "But maybe I can drive up there and chill with you in the studio."

"That'd be lovely,"

"I'll come after school. Just two more hours." I say thankfully standing up following Isela and Amy to our fifth period.

"Good, I'll seen you then."

"Alright, bye Jack." I say and he says bye before I hang up.

"You guys aren't official yet?" Isela questions me as we take our seats. I shake my head.

"No, but he treats me better than Ricky did when we were together so," I laugh Ricky walking into the room and ducking his head down as he sits in front of me.

"Holy shit," I say as I receive a snapchat from Jack. He didn't have a shirt on and the caption was I miss you babe. It made my heart stop and my mind go crazy of all the things so right in this picture.

I hold the phone out making a kissy face and snapping the picture captioning it as I miss your lips ;*

"Alyssa," Ricky says turning to face me. I look up at him.

"Yeah?" I ask staring at his brown eyes, the ones I used to love.

But they can't even compare to Jack's.

"Can we talk after school?" He asks looking at Isela and Amy who were glaring at him.

"Uhm, I have plans so you'll have to make it quick." I explain and he sighs in relief.

"I think I can do that, thank you." He smiles before turning around in his seat.

"You have a boyfriend." Amy comments and I shake my head.

"No, I don't. Its harmless." I laugh running a hand through my hair messing it up.

.

.

.

.

"So what your saying is that you want to be friends?" I ask Ricky leaning against my car. "Fine." I smile, through all the hell we've been through he was still my best friend before all of the dating shit and I missed that.

He couldn't help but smile as he hugs me, my arms securing themselves around him before pulling out my phone, "might as well snapchat this." I say holding the phone out.

I did the kissy face and he smiled. I labeled it besty since freshman :*

I posted it on my story before bidding my goodbyes and driving to LA.

The ride there was long but when I spotted Jack I knew it was worth it.

I parked and ran into his arms. "We have to talk later." He informs me wrapping his arms around my waist.