Beware the B.U.D.D.Y. System

Calm and relaxed.

(Y/n POV)

Scrooge had asked me to join him down in his underwater lab in the money bin today, and I agreed. I was curious about what could be down there, and I'm sure the aquatic life was beautiful from that view. We were going down the elevator to the lab when the question popped into my mouth.

"Uncle Scrooge, why'd you want me to come with you?" I looked at the much older duck with curiosity, and he only looked at the elevator doors with a scowl. "Gyro wanted to show me another one of his inventions, and I didn't want to suffer alone." I rolled my eyes and folded my arms. "Come on, he can't be THAT bad. After all, isn't he the one who made the security system for your money bin?" 

Scrooge looked at me with the same scold on his face. "Aye, he did do that, but all of his inventions turn evil, and it's just a waste of time." He looked back at the elevator doors as we stopped, and so did I. I was honestly kind of excited about this, because it's something new and it could be interesting. Plus, if this new invention does turn evil, we could have an awesome story to tell to the boys.

The doors opened and we stepped out, and I looked around in awe. It was a very large place, inventions, desks, and papers scattered about the place. The walls were a grey-blue, and the place had a white floor. In front of us was a circular table with a train sitting on tracks, not moving. A tall man was standing at it, and when he saw Scrooge, he smiled. "Mr. McDuck, oldest niece, it's nice to see you arrive."

Scrooge waved him off and looked at the train on the table with an unamused face. "Yes yes, let's get on with it." He looked at the train on the rail and looked at it. "Let's see what this thing does." Gyro looked at us. "Okay, but you'll need to stay quiet, it's still pretty sensitive." 

"Surprise!" I nearly jumped out of my feathers when Launchpad yelled. I never even heard the 'ding' of the elevator before him and Dewey had stepped out of it. Gyro and Scrooge quickly turned to him, putting a finger to their mouths and shushing him. "Quiet! The Gearloose Monophonicrall converts aural input into kinetic propulsion." Gyro said with a whisper. Both Dewey and Launchpad looked at him. "Huh?" "Sound-powered train." Scrooge answered simply. "Oh." 

"Ah, sorry Mr. McD, but I thought you might wanna hear-" He was cut off by Gyro putting a finger on his lips. "I don't want to 'hear' anything. This sensitive prototype runs on noise. Observe." Gyro bent down and hummed a little tune to the train, which it started to run at a steady pace. Scrooge smiled a large smile, and I saw a small smile creep on Dewey's and Gyro's faces as well. I smiled with them, but jumped again when a loud thump was heard on the stairs in front of us.

I looked at the stairs to see a duck standing there in an excited stance, holding a huge stack of papers in his right hand as he walked down the stairs. "Illumination, Dr. Gearloose! Alphanumerical substitution!" The train started to speed up and go extremely fast the closer he got. "The categorical reorganization of letters to prime digits." Gyro looked at him worried and put a finger to his own mouth, trying to show him to be quiet. 

Scrooge looked at him angrily, then back at the train, and jerked back a little in shock. The train kept going faster and faster, and Dewey and I shared the same nervous expression. Soon, the train went so fast it flew off the track and flew right into the window, hitting it and causing a large crack in it. Water poured through the crack, and we all jumped when Gyro yelled as he ran over to the desk beneath the window. "Gah! My blueprints!" He knocked Dewey over as he ran, and I hurried and helped him up, glaring at Gyro.

Gyro pressed a button that shut a metal barrier over the window, then went and started to pick up his blueprints. The duck that had made the train fly off track put the papers on the circular table and ran over to where Gyro was standing with a bucket and mop, pressed a button that drained the water, and started to mop with a worried look on his face.