Timephoon!

“Here in Duckburg, life is like a hurricane? Residents are battening down the hatches for the worst El Pato storm in decades.” I heard Roxanne Featherly state on the small T.V. we had sitting on a box in the lounge as I walked by Launchpad. He was carrying large boards to board the windows off on the stairs, since we decided we would be taking shelter in the lounge. I was carrying 2 hammers and some nails, since I was gonna help him board the windows.

“Oh!- Uh, can we make one quick pit-stop, (N/n)?” I smiled and nodded, giving a shrug with my shoulders. “Of course, LP.” He smiled and sat the boards down, grabbing one of the chili cheese dogs from the cart that Webby and Dewey had made. I rolled my eyes and chuckled, waiting for him to finish his, before I decided to have one too. I mean, come on, I was hungry, and LP having one made me want one, y’know?

After we finished our chili cheese dogs, we headed to the stairs and started our work. I was doing pretty good, not hitting my fingers or the wall, when I dropped the nail I was about to nail in. That’s when Louie hurried up the stairs. “Hey Louie?” He seemed to freeze, but I brushed it off. “Could you hand me the nail? I dropped it and if I let go of the board it’ll fall.” He sighed as he smiled. “Uh, yeah, sure. Here ya go.” He picked it up and handed it to me. I smiled. “Thanks.” He quickly nodded and headed up the stairs.

As I was about to hammer again, I heard Launchpad hit the board instead of the nail.. “Whoops!” He said, before aiming for the nail, only to miss and start hitting the wood window pane. I held in a giggle as I helped him aim for the nail, him smiling at me, then hitting it once before Scrooge stopped him from the bottom of the stairs. “Launchpad, why don’t you go and keep an eye on Louie upstairs?” Launchpad hit again, but missed, causing Scrooge to cringe. “Far away from here.”

Launchpad turned around and saluted him with the hammer. “No problem, Mr. McD!” He said, before tossing the hammer back and going up the stairs. I tried to catch it, only for it to bounce out of my hands and out the window, causing the whole thing to shatter. I smiled sheepishly at Scrooge. “.....I’ll go with Launchpad.” I said before quickly catching up to Launchpad up the stairs. 

We both quickly made our way to the boys bedroom, only for the door to be closed already. “Hey Louie, wait up!” LP called out to him, stopping at the door. I knocked, waiting for an answer, only for one to not come. Confused, I tilted my head and opened the door, seeing the room empty. That’s when a cyan light flashed behind Dewey’s “Dew-Night Show” set background. Launchpad and I looked at each other, before walking over to it. “Louie?” LP called out.

The two of us peered behind the background, only to see nothing there. That’s when the cyan flash appeared again, and it showed Louie sitting in a weird bathtub, with tons of jewelry, a crown, and a staff. He gave the rings on his fingers a quick kiss, before he noticed Launchpad and I staring at him with wide eyes. Both of us gasped, before Louie spoke. “Launchpad, (Y/n), I can explain-” Launchpad cut him off, walking in front of the tub. “You’ve got your own tub!? Lucky!”

*Que Intro!*

Launchpad and I were now sitting inside the tub with Louie, how there was anyroom is beyond me. I was skeptical of this plan, but decided to let Louie show me before I disagreed. “Step into the future of treasure hunting: the past.” He then turned one of the knobbies, and the cyan light from earlier surrounded us. Within seconds, we were in a totally new place, I think a cave?

Louie continued his explanation. “Borrowing Gyro’s Time Tub here, the keen minds at Louie Incorporated can track down famous lost treasures at the exact moment before they were lost!” He got out of the tub, and I watched him anxiously. He walked up to the monument which was holding the lost treasure, and picked it up. “No risking time, resources, or, you know, our lives, navigating dangerous temples filled with curses and booby traps like this poor fellow.”