The 87 Cent Solution!

It was a beautiful, quiet morning here in the mansion. Birds were chirping as the morning dew dripped ever so delicately. The smell of bacon and eggs swarmed the mansion, putting a smile on my sleeping face. It was peaceful, something we haven't experienced for the past couple of days, and boy was I going to enjoy it by sleeping in.

That was the plan, until my bedroom door swung open with a loud 'THWACK', making me jump and look at my doorway. "Louie?" I yawned as I sat up, stretching my arms and back. "What's going on?" Before I knew it, Louie jumped on my bed and grabbed the collar of my baggy pajama shirt and started shaking me. "Scrooge was robbed!?" My eyes widened as I grabbed his shoulders.

"You mean at the mansion!?" I asked, feeling a bit startled. Not because we lost something, but because a stranger BROKE INTO OUR HOUSE. Louie shook his head and jumped off the bed, running towards the door. "No, at the money bin! We've gotta get there, now!" He quickly ran out of the room, causing me to quickly jump up as well. "Louie, wait! I need to get dressed!"

*Intro!*

"Louie, slow down!" I called to my youngest brother as we both ran through the money bin lobby. Never in my life have I seen Louie run this fast, and boy, was I not ready for him to run this fast. He quickly made his way into the elevator, spamming the button Scrooge's office was on. I barely made it through the closing elevator doors, panting with my hands on my knees.

I glared at my brother. "You know, you could've waited for me." I said, earning a scared look on his face. "Sorry (Y/n), it's just- We were robbed!" I sighed and gave a small smile. "I'm sure Scrooge already knows who did it. I mean, come on, this place is the safest place in all of Duckburg. He's got camera's all around this place, including this elevator." I pointed to the small hidden camera in the top right corner of the elevator.

Louie shook his head. "I don't care about the safety (Y/n), I'm more worried about the amount of money the thief stole!" I gave him a small smile as I rolled my eyes. "Of course you are." The elevator dinged, opening the doors to the level we wanted to be on. Louie ran out, running down the hall and slamming Scrooge's office door open. "We've been robbed!?" He shouted, walking in the room. "Oh, the humanity!"

I followed in shortly after, watching the interaction between Scrooge and Louie. "Give it to me straight, uncle Scrooge, how much did I- uh- we- you loose!?" Scrooge turned around, adding a small drop of drama to his words. "87 cents." I tilted my head, looking at the other three kids. "Sorry, did I miss a part of that? Like, $2 million & 87 cents or-" 

Scrooge cut him off, again, adding a dramatic flare to his response. "The amount doesn't matter. What matters is, the bin has been compromised!" I looked at him, a bit concerned. Why would someone only rob him of 87 cents? Wouldn't you want to take more? If you did rob the richest duck in the world a tiny amount, and he noticed, wouldn't you think he'd add more defense and make it harder for you to get back in to steal more?

My thoughts were interrupted by Huey. "If it's only a couple of coins, how could you possibly know that they're actually missing?" I turned to Scrooge, waiting for an answer, but was surprised to hear Webby answer. "Because, uncle Scrooge knows every coin in there like the feathers on his tail." Scrooge smiled, a little creepily if I'm honest. "Exactly, Webbigail. That's how I stay smarter than the smarties."

He put his hands on his hips, and gave a proud smile. "Once that goes," he made a slope motion with his hand, looking at us with an unamused face. "it's a slippery slope into being as smart as the smarties, and then-" He gasped, making me jump a little. He then quickly started to scratch himself all over, his face looking nervous. "...slightly less smarter than the smarties!" 

I folded my arms at his weird behavior, leaning against his desk. "Uh, did you check your pockets?" Dewey asked, making me smile a little. Scrooge looked at him with a brow raised, still scratching himself. "Did I check my pockets? Ha! Of course I checked... my pockets..." He roughly shoved his hands into his pockets, only to find nothing. He then quickly went back to scratching himself. "and they're NOT in my pockets!"