The Shadow War {Pt. 2}

(Y/n POV}

I looked at uncle Donald with a worried glance, which he instantly returned. As if we were all reading each other's minds, we ran out of the house and onto the deck of the houseboat, looking with fright at the large cloud of purple smoke that rest above McDuck Manor. Evil laughter was heard as well, and we saw a silhouette of a woman floating in the middle of the smoke cloud. "Ah phooey." I heard uncle Donald mutter. The purple cloud of smoke faded, and now smoke from a fire flew from the mansion. The woman laughed again, shooting purple beams of light at everyone.

I flinched and turned as one hit me, closing my eyes tightly and expecting pain, but nothing happened. I opened my eyes to be face to face with... my shadow!? I yelped in surprise, making everyone look at me and see their own shadows. They all yelped as well, and our shadows flew into the sky. Louie fell backwards, and I was able to catch him before he hit the ground. Helping him up, I watched the shadows join the large ball of darkness that had formed in the sky and was floating towards Scrooge's money bin. Louie's voice grabbed my attention. "Ssssooooo.. still going to Cape Suzette, right?" He started to walk away with an annoyed look. "Cool yeah, I'll start the boat."

A loud bang was heard, causing Louie to jump and hide behind me, grabbing the jacket around my waist. I put my hand on his head and took a step back, staring as the shadows hit the money bin as if they were solid matter, and crumbled the side of it. Donald let out a quacky yelp as he and Beakley looked at each other with shock. "Magica De Spell!" Beakley stated. Huey gasped, and Dewey turned to look at Donald for an answer. "Wait who?" Webby started to explain, but I didn't listen. I knew the stories. When I was little, before we left the mansion, I would love to listen to the stories of Scrooge, Donald, and mom's adventure's. One day, I discovered an old journal of Scrooge's when I was playing with Scrooge's stuff in his room, yes I got caught and they thought little me wearing Scrooge's robe and top hat was adorable, and asked them about it. Thus they told me the story of Magica De Spell, who was actually trapped in Scrooge's dime the day of my hatch.

I couldn't believe my eyes. How on earth did she get out of the dime? Where was uncle Scrooge? What happened? My thoughts were interrupted when I was yanked back by Launchpad as a large, mossy limb grabbed hold of the boat. I joined everyone in with screaming as it started to climb on board. Louie pushed Huey and Dewey towards the thing. "Take my brother's first! Please!" The moss creature finally made it's way onto the boat, and I grabbed Huey and Dewey away from it, taking note to talk to Louie about that if we live. With one wipe, the monster wiped all the moss from it's body, showing Manny. I let a large sigh escape my breath. "Oh." "It's just Manny!"

Manny turned around and pulled Gyro and Lil' bulb out of the water, and Gyro looked ANGRY. "That's it! No more underwater labs! It's volcanoes or abandoned castles from now on!" He shook his hat to rid it of water. "Dr. Gearloose!?" Huey stepped forward. "What happened?" "Our own shadows, came to life and wrecked the lab!" Huey was about to speak when Gyro cut him off. "My shadow control ray is still in the test phase, so this one is not on me." I rolled my eyes and folded my arms, a little upset he cut Huey off. Uncle Donald walked in front of us. "Everybody listen up!" He put his hands on his hips. "Uncle Scrooge is in trouble and it's up to us to help him!"(IDK how I understood him at that part, but I did my guys) Everyone stared at him. "What?" 

"Did anyone get any of that?" I looked at Launchpad, about to speak when Huey beat me to it. "It's mostly context clues." Louie joined in. "We get, like, every third word." Dewey finished the trio's answers. "Nope, completely unintelligible." Dewey flinched when Donald started yelling. "I'll show you unintelligible!" He started chasing Dewey around, earning a groan from Gyro. "Ugh, I don't have time for this." I was too focused on what else he said when Donald and Dewey started running around me in circles. Dewey finally led Donald away from me and towards Gyro, which I was glad about since I was a little dizzy from watching them literally run circles around me.