The Last Crash Of The Sunchaser

*If the word(s) are slanted, it's a memory*

(Y/n POV)

"Come on, (Y/n)! We'll be done with the house boat in just a couple more days!" Donald said cheerfully as he led me through the front yard and towards the houseboat. He was carrying a few planks of wood, and I was carrying a tool bag and nails. I was helping him until Scrooge was ready to go to Monacrow. Uncle Donald was very keen on getting the houseboat up and running again, and I do understand why. We have been living with Uncle Scrooge for months, so Donald probably misses being in charge of the place. But I also don't understand why he wants to leave. He lived with Scrooge right up until almost the boys were born, being an adult, and he only left because of mom's death. So why leave is a question left unanswered.

We walked passed the jeep in the front yard, and Donald stumbled a bit. Huey ran up to us with a flier in hand. "Come on uncle Donald! You can fix the houseboat when we get back." I gasped as I dropped the things in my hands when Donald nearly hit Huey in the head with the board. Luckily Huey ducked in time. I gave Donald a small glare for scaring me half to death. I know it was an accident, but still! "Nuh uh! I'm almost done! We'll be on the water again, in two days!" Right when he had finished his sentence, a thud was heard, and we all clearly knew it was the houseboat. Donald smiled sheepishly. "..7 days." Then an explosion was heard, and Donald sighed. "I should get started." I picked up the tools as Donald turned around, but he smiled at me.

He took them with a smile, nodding towards the jeep. "I got this, go ahead and help them get ready." I smiled and hugged Donald, thanking him and letting go. He walked away with a smile, and I walked over to the jeep. "No rush!" Dewey said to Donald, waving. Mrs. Beakley walked out of the house carrying a bag and a smile on her face. Webby turned to her. "Granny! You're coming to!?" Mrs. B looked at her. "I have 987 vacation days saved up, and Monacrow's Blackwater Beaches are legendary!" She took off her regular glasses, and put on some pink sunglasses. "It's high time I 'wilded out' with some 'maxing' and 'relaxing'. Mmm?" She folded her arms with a smile, pulling down her sunglasses a little.

I held in my laugh, because come on, that was kind of funny, but it was also sweet she was trying to relate to our young 'culture'. Webby smiled and put her hands on her hips. "I have the coolest grandma." Dewey turned to her with a brow raised. "Sure. Now who's ready for.." Huey, Dewey, and Webby started singing together, and Scrooge tried. "The best road trip ever!" I smiled at Scrooge. "Aw, you'll get it." With that, the three kids ran off, and I smiled. I decided to help Launchpad with the rest of the packing, not hearing Beakley and Scrooge's conversation. "Load up everyone!" Scrooge shouted as he and Beakley walked towards the jeep. I got into the jeep, sitting next to Beakley in the two middle seats.

"Come on kids!" Scrooge yelled out the front passenger window, and the four kids ran in the van and sat in the back. "To our greatest adventure yet!" "Whoo! To adventure!" The rest of us yelled after Scrooge. Launchpad drove the jeep into the plane, and we started to fly off to beautiful Monacrow.

-intro!-

I sat in the seat looking at my hands as Beakley, Scrooge, and Launchpad were in the cockpit. I was fidgeting with my bracelet, not sure what the kids were up to and not wanting to interrupt the adults. I sighed and leaned back in my seat. Maybe I should've stayed home with Uncle Donald and worked on the houseboat, keeping him company and not letting my mind wander. I don't know why, but recently I've been thinking about mom. I sighed and looked at the bracelet. I've had this for years, and I remember exactly how I got it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Okay (Y/n), you ready for your surprise? Mom asked with a smile, holding something behind his back.