(Y/n)'s New Look!

"Don't worry hun, it's almost done." Mom was holding my right hand as I closed my eyes tightly, not daring to look at the surgery going on at my left shoulder. Mom glared at Gyro, who was doing the surgery, but only because he was the only one who could really do this surgery. "Right, Gearloose?" She asked, a menacing tone itching in her voice. Gyro looked at her shortly, before looking back down at my arm.

"Miss Duck, the more you talk to me, the longer this will take. But yes, we're almost finished." He pulled his surgical mask down and looked at me. "Can you feel anything, or does it still feel numb?" I opened my eye a little to look at him. "It's still numb. Just please hurry Mr. Gearloose." I closed my eye tightly again, and he returned the mask to his beak. "Yep, yep, almost done."

I felt mom put her hand on my forehead, and I turned to look at her. She gave me a soft smile, and moved a stray hair out if my face. "You're doing great, baby bug! Just hang in there a liiiiitle longer." I gripped mom's hand tighter, holding my breath momentarily. What was my arm going to look like? I can't believe it's going to be gone forever. Will the new arm work?

"And, done. That should be good." Dr. Gearloose said, pulling the mask off his face once more. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at him, and mom looked over the cloth blocking me from seeing my arm, and looked at my arm. She gasped a little, and I quickly looked at her with concern. "What? What's wrong?" She looked at me. "Nothing! I just.." she looked back over the cloth, and Gyro removed it so I could see.

I looked over at my arm, and my eyes widened. A robotic arm took the place of my organic one, looking a lot like the one Gizmo Duck has, just thinner and smaller. I tried to move it, and surprised myself when it did the motion I had wanted it to, which was turn and stretch the fingers. It felt weird at my shoulder, where the arm was attached. I could feel the gears move and shift as I moved my new arm around.

"Well, it looks like it works pretty well." Mom said with a smile, trying to make things more optimistic. I was still in sweet, looking at the arm and moving it. Gyro took the gloves off of his hands, and headed towards the room door. He had operated on me in his lab beneath the money bin, which kinda scared me that he did have a secret operating room, but I'm not gonna judge. He put his hand on the handle and looked at me.

"Are you ready to let the rest of your family in?" I looked at him, then at the door. And with a small nod, he opened the door and walked out, shutting it behind him. I heard mom sigh, and I turned to look at her. She had her face in her hands, and I tilted my head. "Mom? Are you okay?" She looked up and I felt my heart break, she had glossy eyes. "(Y/n), I am so, so sorry. If I had just waited a little longer to get you, if I hadn't trusted Lunaris, if I was a better mother-"

"Mom, it's okay." I cut her off, holding her hand. She looked up at me again, tears threatening to fall. I gave her a soft smile. "None of us knew that this could happen, especially me. I should've been more careful and hidden. If anything, it's my fault that I got hit." She looked down again, and I squeezed her hand. "But I'm not upset about this, I'm actually glad I only lost my arm."

I smiled and pushed her arm playfully. "And now we match too." We both chuckled, and she wiped her eyes. She looked up at me and smiled. "I love you baby bug.." I smiled back. "I love you too mom.." We hugged, and she kissed my forehead. Once we let go, the room door opened, and EVERYONE literally came plowing in, hurrying over to me.

The boys and Webby had worried looks, Huey and Louie having tears, and all of them asking me questions at the same time. Donald was apologizing and tears were also in his eyes. Scrooge was holding his hat in front if his chest, a sorrowful look in his eyes. Mrs. Beakley was standing behind Scrooge, a hand in his shoulder. And Launchoad came running in, hugging me tightly. "I'm so glad you're okay (N/n)!"

He set me back down and I smiled at them, holding my hands up. "Guys, I'm fine." I pointed to my new arm and waved. "See?" Dewey smiled and jumped up on the bed. "Wow! It looks like Gizmoducks!" I smiled, and let him look at it. Webby jumped up next, a smile on her face now too. Huey and Louie stood next to my bed, all 5 of us talking, that I didn't notice the adults gather in the other corner I'd the room with Gyro and talking quietly.

"Does it feel weird?" Dewey asked, shaking my hand and making Webby giggle. I shrugged, looking at my shoulder. "A little bit, I can feel the gears moving and stuff. But I'll get used to it." Dewey mixed so Webby could shake it, and I let her. "It's so neat!" I smiled and I looked at Huey, who was tapping my shoulder. "Is your shoulder hurting?" I shook my head. "It doesn't hurt, but then again, part of it is still numb, so we'll wait and see."

Louie sat on the end of the bed, a satisfied smile on his face. "Now we have two cyborgs." I stuck my tongue out at him, and he did the same to me, and I chuckled. The adults walked back over, and Gyro walked over to me. "You need to be careful with the arm for a week, don't do any heavy lifting with it. Don't get it wet. And come back in about 3 weeks for a check up. Or, you know, it stops working." I loked up at him. "So, basically treat it like a cast until you give me the heads up?"

He thought for a moment, then shrugged. "I guess you could say that. Also." He pointed at me. "I would recommend cutting your hair, that way you don't have to worry about it getting stuck in the joints or anything." I smiled at him and nodded. "Thank you, Dr. Gearloose." For a moment, he smiled slightly, but cleared his throat and folded his arms. "Alright, now everybody out. And don't forget that check up, Miss Duck." I turned around and gave him a solute, before leaving the bin with my family.

When we got home, Mrs. Beakley offered to cut my hair, which I agreed to. I was nervous, because I only get my hair trimmed, I haven't gotten it cut for a new hairdo for... ever. I haven't ever gotten my hair cut for a new hairdo now that I think about it. And that made me more nervous. She was very nice about it, and made sure it was even. "Alright dear, I think we're done." She turned my chair around so I was looking in the mirror, and I gasped at my new haircut.

It was above my shoulder, coming down at a curve. My bangs remained the same. I smiled and hugged her, thanking her repeatedly. She pat my back and told me to go show everyone, that way she could clean up the bathroom. I did as she said, and peeked my head around the corner, wanting to hide my hair until everyone could see it. I walked down the stairs, and saw everyone sitting in the lounge, and I got a bit nervous. I walked in, and they all looked at me, smiles growing on their faces.

"Um... hi guys. How do I look?"

*That's what you look like now! I hope you like the new design

*That's what you look like now! I hope you like the new design. Also, if you go back to Woo-oo Part 1 and The Hous Of The Lucky Gander, you can see I updated those as well. Thanks for reading y'all!*