♡1♡

Taehyung's POV-

It's a busy day at the Seoul Police Criminal Investigation Dept...

Not.

The only case our Division has is of the weird Eye Dude and he has gone into hiding for almost a month now.
The whereabouts of the children are still unknown.
Nobody knows whether they're dead or alive but my bet and hopes are on the latter.

I can't wait to find that fucktard and send him to rot in prison. But he's a smart fucktard and he's doing a good job at hiding his trails.
Not that I'm complimenting him or anything.

But atleast he's smarter and doing more than anyone in this office.

Hoseok's snoring just got louder to prove my point.

It's midday and my partner is drooling on the couch, half eaten pizza in his hand. He was the second best in our batch but his talents have no use for these lazy afternoons. A real waste of all those years of study and training.

When I begged my parents to allow me to take this job instead of going to study abroad, they protested arguing about the dangers and for my safety. I had to sweet talk them for months to finally agree.
I was all in for the thrill, the mystery, the excitement!

And three years into the job, I got the biggest case that has ever taken over this city. And I'm part of a Dept. consisting of only the best and most skilled officers..
and we're currently being outsmarted by a madman.

Tsk. It's no use sulking over that.

What should I have for dinner tonight? I need new groceries...
But new groceries require money...
Or maybe cup noodles would suffice again.
I groan dreading to go back to that smelly, tiny apartment which smells like wet wood all year round.
I really need to move out.

"Kim! Jung! Get the fuck up. We have a lead."

Our Dept. Head walks into the room, smacking the sleeping orange haired on the head with his files. Hoseok wakes up startled and falls off the couch, landing face down on his half eaten pizza.

Officer Min groans at the mess and turns to me.

"You said we have a lead??"

"Take your damn feet off the table. Show some respect for the office, you asshole. And Jung Hoseok, get your toned ass over here!"

Hoseok stumbles half asleep and takes a seat near me.

"So, I got the records from all the hospitals in the city for every baby born within the last 5-6 years. It's here."
He waves the thin file at us.

"That's EVERY baby?" Hoseok asks suspiciously.

"No. It's just one baby. She fits the age and criteria of the other victims. Blue eyes. You don't see that too often among our kind."

I open the file and paper-clipped on the first page is a picture of the cutest little girl, the chubbiest rosy cheeks and bright blue eyes.

Whoever gave those genes to her must be one hell of a beauty.

"Kim Chi, 4 years old. Born on May 17th 2015. Relative is a single father, Kim Seokjin who runs a café on (name) street. Goes to..."

"Kim...Chi? Who the fuck names a child that?"
Hoseok shakes his head disapprovingly.

"I think it's kinda cute,"
I reply back and he tsked at me.

"Don't fucking interrupt, dog ass stinking bitches."
Officer Min hits us on the head again. He's tinier than the both of us but twice as aggressive and is very creative with his swearing.

"As I was saying. She goes to this one nursery school called Spring day preschool and that's where you're going too."

"Huh? Who's going?"

"Whoever's better with kids."

Hoseok shakes his head again.

"Uh..not me. I can't stand them. Kids are so loud."
Says the loudest fucker I've ever met.

"So, what about you, Kim?"

"I don't mind kids..but what am I going as?"

He has a wide smile coming on his face as he answers,

"A preschool teacher."

"What? No!"

"Why not?"

"I don't think I'll be able to. I don't know how..."

"You only need to memorize some fucking rhymes and make up some cute actions to go with it. What's so hard about that?"

"That's exactly what's so hard about it. I'm a police officer. You don't expect me to sing and dance along to some jingles, do you??"

"But you do that all the time to your nephews and nieces." Hoseok argues back.

"Shut up, man."

"Take it or leave it. Whoever's going gets the promotion as soon as we arrest that fucker."

"I'll do it!"
I need the extra pay. And fast. My apartment roof leaks during the rainy season and I need to be out of there asap.

Officer Min gets up and heads for the door,

"Good. You're leaving in a week. We're getting the arrangements done and... Jung!"

Hoseok halts as he's about to lie down on the couch again.

"...You're going to apply for a part time at Kim Seokjin's café. Kim Chi spends the evenings with her father and we need surveillance there as well."

"But what if he doesn't need a part timer?"

"We have our ways."
The blonde officer waves us off and he's gone.

I turn around to face my computer and type in the prechool from earlier for further research. The files on Kim Chi is left with me and I need to study the whole thing and her father's background too within the week.

And..uh.. I might also need to catch up again on some nursery rhymes as well.
Good thing we have YouTube.

My eyes are fixed on the screen and I can't help but groan.

" Welcome, Everybody.
Today we're going hu-hu-hunting!
Stand up now, wiggle wiggle your hips and put your hands up hi-hi-highhh!
and sing it with me-

Baaaaabbyy...
Shark doo doo doo doo doo doo
Baaaaabbyy... "
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Ah...fuck.

♡♡♡♡♡

To everyone who's reading.. please take all my 💖💖💖💖💖🥺 ily, fam💜