Chapter VII: Prison of Darkness

[Warning: Suicide]

Jade was at a loss for words. Their leader had a noose around her neck and was hanging herself.

"Ulk..." Blue struggled to breathe.

"Blue!" Jade screamed.

Jade rushes towards Blue and tries to untie the knot. When they realized they couldn't reach from where they were at, they immediately started thinking of something else.

The assassin remembered there was a bucket outside of the girls restroom.

"Should I use it or find something else?" Jade muttered, thinking out aloud.

The non binary had a vision in their mind. It showed that if they used the bucket, they would have fall and break Blue's neck due to the fact the bucket was rusted on the bottom.

"No...Got to think of something else." Jade concluded.

Blue gurgled and some of the spit from her mouth fell onto the floor. Jade avoided a kick from Blue as she was frantically squirming.

"What if I... grab her and tried to lift her..?" The pink and orange haired non-binary thought again out loud.

Another vision came into their mind. This time showing that if they grabbed her body, they're going to break her neck by pulling down on her harder.

"What if I lifted her higher..?" "That's it!" The non binary concluded. They quickly ducked between Blue's legs and forced themselves until she was sitting on their shoulders.

Jade quickly stood up and put themselves against the wall. It created enough slack so Blue could breathe.

The pink haired non-binary could hear their leader breathe in and out and cough while being in the air. Blue had stopped squirming around and was just slumped over, exhausted from the whole ordeal.

The assassin gently reached their hand up to the syngerist neck and begin to untie the knot. Jade's hand fumbled for a bit before finally untying the knot.

They took the noose off of her neck. Jade sighed.

Wait a minute.. The assassin thought. Right before the mission, Blue was happily exchanging information with the team. She was so positive, kind and caring.. what happen..?

Jade looked at their leader, still breathing and sitting on the floor.

"Why would you try and hang yourself?!" Jade asked her.

Blue didn't reply as she still took big breaths of air.

Jade hesitated for a second and then decided to continue what they were saying.

"Hey.. if it's a tough time at home or anything..." "Just know Mark is one click away and we're also one text or call away.." Jade looked at the ground.

"I.." "I don't remember *Cough* what happen.." " All I remember *Wheeze* was that Purple called for me *Wheeze* and then it becomes blurry from there." "Then I woke up and you were here." Blue explained, answering their question from earlier.

"You don't remember anything from then..?" Jade asked Blue, confused.

"Yeah..." "I don't know why.." Blue sighed.

"Did you remember ...hanging yourself?" The non binary hesitated again.

"I hung myself...?" Blue asked, shocked. "I guess that explains the pain around my neck.."

"Let's just focus on getting the victim and the others and get out of here." Jade said.

"I thought I heard Purple's voice on the second floor earlier.." The leader remembered.