M I S S I O N   T O   A M E G A K U R E

      I stood in Tsunade's office next to Kuma as Tsunade briefed us on a mission that demanded my involvement. It had to do with an Akatsuki member claiming to be Madara Uchiha. I wasn't convinced like the others. 

      "Go to Amegkure and scout out this lead to determine its validity," Tsunade said. "Intel says he's wearing an orange mask and uses mainly fire techniques. Apparently he's extremely calm in violent situations; we believe that he killed one of the Akatsuki members."  

      "Madara wouldn't hide his face," I said. 

      "When you bring him back here, we'll see," Tsunade countered. 

[Time Skip]

      Amegakure certainly lived up to its reputation; rain obscured the mangled buildings and limited any ranged attacks. Water drummed against the facade and drowned out any other sound.  A dense fog collected until the tops of the structures were so skewed that even with the Sharingan; all that remained was a blur.

      "What does the scroll say?" I peered around cautiously. 

      "The Akatsuki compound should be in one of the large buildings deep within the city lines," Kuma gestured vaguely towards the distance. "We should remain vigilant; Akatsuki aren't familiar with ANBU attire so we better keep ourselves hidden."

      I nodded.

      Kuma had finally replaced his mask; it was still white porcelain but had a menacing face that resembled a Fu Dog. I kept glancing over to him as we scaled the buildings deep within the shadows.

      He did me the grace of not asking about my past with the Uchiha brothers. To my curiosity he didn't judge like I expected him to do, instead, Kuma gave me space and didn't talk unless it was mission related―I was grateful for that sliver of kindness.

      As he ran in front of me I saw the Kohaku Mon tattooed on the back of his neck. I wonder how he survived the massacre. 

      I stopped running when we reached the clock tower. The rain made it almost impossible, even with my Sharingan activated, it irritated my eyes. I bit my thumb and performed the summoning jutsu while Kuma kept look out over my shoulder.

     Mizuchi the water dragon appeared. Its slender blue scaled body relished the storm. Mizuchi bowed as the dragon's Sharingan eyes activated.

"Mizuchi," I inclined my head, "I need your sensory abilities. We have to locate a certain building and find Madara." 

      "Always a pleasure," Mizuchi's Tomoe locked into place. "I must commend you on the scenery, this water is so refreshing," I ignored the dragon. Mizuchi blew out steam as its Sharingan bore into my eyes, "Apologies Mistress, I will do my best."

      I nodded as Mizuchi flew on ahead. My hand tapped against the silver katana when Kuma signalled for us to continue ahead. It seemed to be that I only ever did anything if it concerned Madara. Perhaps I was the insane one.

      The door slid open. A warm breeze blew petals into my room, announcing spring's return. I pulled the blanket over my head and growled.

      "My Little Uchiha," Madara cooed. 

      I rolled over to curl up in the shadow. The blanket was pulled from my feet and I yelped. Despite his attempts to rouse me, I chose to lay on my stomach and rest my forehead against my forearms.