三十二

T H E    B A T T L E   B E G I N S

      "Why can't you just die?" Obito's voice changed from an aggressive snarl to an apathetic murmur.

      I just smirked in response. Some of the Allied Shinobi Force backed away from me and started shouting, arming themselves with whatever weapon they specialised with, and aimed at me.

       "She's Madara's subordinate!" shouted a Kirigakure Nin.

      "She's a traitor!" echoed a Konohagakure Jonnin.

       "Tatsu, I think I might need an outfit change," the yellow dragon slithered into my open palm. Tatsu nodded at my request.

       In a puff of smoke, my current attire was replaced by the same-cut robe worn by Uchiha. The thick canvas fabric fell to my knees and was bound at the waist by linen. However, there was no clan mon visible, signalling that I was neither more Uchiha or Uzumaki. I was Hikari, former clan leader of the Uchiha and prodigy of the Uzumaki clan―though it didn't matter now, not to the current generation.

      "I'm an ally," my voice projected. "For those of you that haven't checked your Bingo Books, my name is Hikari―I fought alongside Hashirama Senju and helped establish the first Kage Summit along with his brother Tobirama. If anything, I deserve your silence over all else."

       I turned my attention to the gawking Madara and his newest student, Obito Uchiha. The Juubi's form must've turned into the Divine Tree that Madara had mentioned before, the tree that Kaguya Otsutsuki ate the fruit from to give chakra to man.  

       Kaguya. . .

        I would've opened my mouth to taunt Obito when an explosion echoed behind me. From the enormous dust cloud, reanimated bodies sprang up. The figures ran towards the Divine Tree but then changed course to stand next to Naruto.

        My eyes widened, Third Hokage, Hiruzen Sarutobi had lost the youth of his days as Tobirama's apprentice. I'd known Hiruzen only at a distance, but he inclined his head.

       I didn't recognise the Fourth Hokage, but by the way he protectively armed himself in front of Naruto with a smile, lead me to believe that it was Naruto's father.  I inclined my head to the Fourth Hokage in respect while Kuma whispered in my ear that his name was Minato. 

         My lower lip quivered at the sight of  the two brothers. It took a while for their attention to draw from the surrounding carnage; Tobirama noticed first, his red eyes narrowing before he smacked Hashirama on the shoulder.

       "Hika–Chan?" Tobirama smirked. "You've certainly grown."

         Hashirama turned his head from Madara, I counted the seconds it took for his blank mask to break into an overbearing grin. Pushing past the other Kage, I soon found myself in his tight embrace, my chin rested on the plating of his shoulder armour as he squeezed.

       "I thought I told you to look after yourself all those years ago," I whispered.

      "I did," Hashirama said. "But I expected you to watch over me as my adviser―what really happened that night?"

      "Ask Madara," I swallowed slowly. "He'll tell you everything you need to know."

        He glowered at Madara, whom by this point activated the ribcage of his Susano'o in retaliation. 

      "You made me swear on my life to protect your beloved little Uchiha, I felt guilty until my dying breath knowing that she'd disappeared!" Hashirama shouted.