三十八

T H E    T R A N S M I G R A T I O N    C U R S E

      I pushed Madara back with a fireball to give Hashirama and I enough space as possible. The atmosphere shifted and a wave of nausea threw me off balance. A chakra presence similar to Shinigami's seeped through my seal. I gripped my stomach and resided in the ribcage of my Susanoo defensively. 

     "You can feel it too, hm?" Madara grunted as his fist connected with the Susanoo. He stood there for a moment, somewhat perplexed that he didn't phase through it. "It is the divine power. . .the man whose chakra runs through my veins." 

      "The Sage of Six Paths," I stepped back. "Kaguya's first born son." 

        "You remember our little history lesson, my Little Uchiha," Madara grinned. "Since Shinigami controlled Kaguya for a short period of time, Hagoromo connected with him. . .he has as much influence over you I feel. . ."

     I unleashed another fireball and dismantled my Susanoo. Madara's back was against the foot of his statue, panting. I too began to feel the effects of exhaustion. I fell to one knee and glanced back at Hashirama. My job was to waste time so Hashirama could absorb enough nature energy to use Senjutsu. 

       Hika–Chan, Shinigami's voice echoed. You must answer Hagoromo's calling if Naruto is to be saved. He wants to see us both. 

      I turned to Hashirama and squeezed his shoulder, "I must speak with someone. . .I hope it doesn't interfere with our plans too much." 

     He nodded at me, "I can feel it too. . .go Hika-Chan, Madara seems too tired to attack me directly." 

         Shinigami instructed that I sit on the water right in front of the waterfall between Hashirama and Madara's statues. Apparently the significance of this would be explained to me by Hagoromo, and I didn't argue. I sat in lotus position and ignored the way Madara's head tilted as he watched me.  In my subconscious, a faint red threat floated across my vision. I attempted to reach out and grab the connecting link between me and Hagoromo Otsotsuki. 

       When I opened my eyes, I stood next to Naruto. We were both in the presence of the revered God of Shinobi. 

       "Hey Uzu," Naruto smiled. "I'm not out of this fight yet. Old Hermit here is giving me tips on how to kick Madara's arse!"

      Hagoromo's Rinnegan reviewed me just as suspiciously, though an amused smirk twitched across his features when I outstretched my legs nonchalantly. His white robe remained dry despite sitting in a puddle of water in our mental chambers. His faded maroon hair reminded me of Matsumi, and then I remembered that she was the reanimation of Kaguya's will. My lip jutted out in a pout, causing Hagoromo to frown. 

       "So you must be Shinigami's vessel," Hagoromo inclined his head. "I'm sure Madara has explained the transmigration to you, how Indra and Ashura have been reincarnated and so forth," I nodded. "Well there's something you must know if you're going to help defeat him along with Naruto."

     I wasn't usually a believer of higher beings, but I couldn't deny the sheer power that radiated from Hagoromo. My shoulders relaxed and I listened intently to his advice. 

       "Madara created an issue before the transmigration was over. . .this was done through the use of Izanagi. . . Madara was obsessed with power and took Hashirama's cells to infuse Senjutsu. In other words, he mixed Indra and Ashura's chakra which combined to awaken the Rinnegan." Hagoromo sighed. "I left the stone tablet at the Uchiha hideout to instruct how Shinobi of Uchiha strength shold exert their power. . .but the message was misinterpreted and changed."