三十三

T R I P P L E     B A T T L E    C O M B A T

        "Do you really think I'd die when my task isn't complete?" Madara laughed.

        Black sludge oozed from the gaping hole and formed around the wound like glue. Hashirama jerked me back when the substance knit the tissue and vital organs back together. 

      "What kind of ninjutsu is that?" Hashirama scowled. 

      "That's no jutsu. . ." I murmured.

      Madara hadn't weaved any hand signs and he had no affinity for healing, so this sudden regeneration was surprising. 

      "I've had a taste of your power," Madara chuckled with a sly smirk. "You both can go stop Obito from ripping this world apart. I'm not the Juubi Jinchuriki after all."

[Time Skip]

       The battle field split into three objectives: Madara, Obito and the Divine Tree. 

       While Madara regenerated, Obito threw everything he had at Naruto and his comrades to stop them from touching the Divine Tree.

        I narrowed my eyes at the plant. The base petals had already unfurled, making the bud appear smaller. The Infinite Tsukuyomi was edging closer with little to no progress shown by the Allied Forces. 

     I concentrated the chakra into my feet as I ran up the stalk. With each step, the bark fragmented. I shot into the air above the flower and attempted a fireball. The smoke cleared to reveal the bud, untouched. On my descent, I tried Amaterasu. It was as if it absorbed all forms of chakra. 

     I landed on my haunches and created a clone. It sat at Hashirama's feet in lotus, meditating. 

     He raised an eyebrow, "Hika-Chan?" 

     "I'm harnessing my chakra," I rolled my shoulders back. "There's no excuse to hold back." 

         "Tobirama and Naruto used the Flying Raijin to hit Obito earlier," Hashirama informed. "Apparently only Sage Jutsu works on him."

      "Why only Sage Jutsu? I thought Yin and Yang releases would work too," I cracked my knuckles.

      "Obito contains the Rinnegan, he's combined the releases for a Yin-Yang technique which is the black substance behind his hands," Hashirama gestured to the black orbs. 

     My Eternal Mangekyou focussed on the orbs. Obito manipulated them both offensively and defensively. However, the movements were predictable. They could manifest into chakra rods and other projectiles. 

      I stared down at my hands. Mottled chakra burst to life. If I came into contact with one of the orbs, it would feed off the chakra in my hands and would allow me to hold it. Once the chakra was drained, I could then discard the rod entirely. The chakra dissipated and I averted my eyes. 

       I tilted my chin towards the flower, "Why didn't Madara become the Jinchuriki?"

       Hashirama fell silent he watched Kuma give a right hook to Obito's jaw. 

       "Madara used a jutsu that I thought made him the Jinchuriki," Hashirama started. "But it turned out to be a decoy and he forced the task onto Obito. I believe that Madara has something bigger planned. . .larger than the Infinite Tsukuyomi."

       "I thought the whole point of this war was about the Infinite Tsukuyomi, fixing a broken world and all of that bullshit," I folded my arms. "It doesn't make sense for Madara to put himself in such an observational position―I expected him to wipe out entire clans with one Genjutsu, he's proven to have the capability. . .he destroyed the Kohaku with ease."