四十二

L O V E   &   H O N O U R

       I watched the remnants of torn paper reform a silhouette. Hashirama regenerated slowly and rebuilt from the calves upwards.        

       "Are we really going to do this again?" Hashirama performed the snake seal.

       "It's the only way this will end. . ." I whispered.

       "You both are blinded by your passion for peace," Madara shook his head. "Like I've said before, it's the selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace that causes wars, where hatred is born to protect love."

      The air left my lungs as Shinigami dragged me into his chamber. I coughed and swayed as black spots entered the corner of my vision. 

      Shinigami sat in the lotus position with the tattoos running up his forearms. He didn't look pleased about something as his eyes narrowed at his distorted reflection in the water's surface. Was he disappointed in me?

      "Kaguya's definitely made that man lose his marbles," Shinigami commented. "This will end just as it did the last time. You must take one of his Sharingan to make sure he doesn't perform the Izanami."

      I sat down in front of the Reaper and tried to relax my aching muscles.

      "Do you remember what eye used the Izanami?" I asked.

      "No, and I don't think Hashirama does either. I think Madara did it the moment his body hit the water. If his eyes are anything like your Eternal Mangekyou, his left eye would hold the combatant power to the other. My best bet is his right eye," Shinigami's voice held agitation as his saliva dripped from the knife between his teeth.

      "If Madara wants an encore of the final battle again, then Hashirama and I have to be prepared but we used most of our chakra. Do you have any to spare?"

      "Indeed I have, but just enough for a couple of Ninjutsu," Shinigami huffed. "You have no idea how hard it is to regain chakra, even though I'm the Reaper God, I've never felt this empty before."

       "The smallest amount is all I need," I smirked. "Y'know, I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess, if it were up to me, I would've put your misery to an end a while ago. I would've released you at Dragon Valley or something like Choju promised that I'd do."

       Shinigami's beady eyes softened as he grinned. He removed the knife from his mouth and stuck it in the stone between us, resting his purple arms on it. "Despite Choju's promise, I don't want to be released anymore. I'm quite content with being inside of you forever. You've given me hope and I'll always be grateful for that," Shinigami chuckled, "Yeesh I'm such a sentimentalist."

       I smirked, "Thank you."

       Blue flames swirled around the spot next to me and Kuma fell into view. He landed on his stomach in the chamber as Yang Shinigami sat next to Shinigami. Both Reapers shared a look and laughed. 

        "Kohaku here says that you need a little help, little Uzu," Yang Shinigami waggled his finger at me. "I know I always say I don't deal with Uchiha, but I'll make an exception just this once."

       "Yeah that's what you said last time and you deceived me you lying son of a―" Kuma put his hand over my mouth to muffle my insults.   

      He still had his Demon Form activated and it looked like he had more chakra than needed. Since he and I were linked through Shinigami's hatred, I could see through my mind that the sealing was successful and the remaining Shinobi were trying to heal those that the Tsukuyomi affected.