二十一

O R D E R   O F   T R U T H   [PART 2]

[Madara]  

       As hard as I tried, I couldn't bring myself to extract the Reaper. I sat in the throne, contemplating my moves. 

      "Madara–Sama," Black Zetsu emerged from the wall. "Shall I devour her body now?" 

      I was silent. My gaze fixated against the carved mons. The Uchiha, Uzumaki and Senju formed a triangle. Had she ever loved me? 

      Hashirama's chakra depleted. His grip loosened on his sword. I took my chance and kicked it aside. I'd reserved enough just for one last push. I swayed slightly, noticing Hikari struggle in her restraints in my peripheral.  

       "This has to end," Hashirama panted. "Right here, now." 

      I squinted against the rain when Hikari's Susanoo formed to enthral her soaked body. My eyes widened when her Susanoo took on it's divine form and became the Perfect Tengu, it's protruding nose looked down at me, obscuring Hikari from view.

      "Hika–Chan, you must help me," Hashirama panted. Anger spiked within my core at the use of that nickname for Hikari. Despite his supposed love  for Mito, jealousy had ignited and I wanted to make my dominance known. 

      "My Little Uchiha, he's just using you!" my muscles spasmed and I too was brought to my knees. "Look what he's caused me to do; this hatred is because of him!"

      Hikari's Susanoo shook its head as if struggling to come to a final decision. I could see the silhouette of her body go limp, had she given up on me? On her Sama?  I couldn't help my lip tremble as the Susanoo struggled between Hashirama and I.

      "Do this for the village," Hashirama's voice was so sincere, full of admiration that it's almost like a plea of love. He was playing on her loyalty.

      If I had to get her attention, my cards have to be played right. I thought frantically to come up with something to draw her Susanoo's hand away from Hashirama. I closed my eyes an inhaled. What did Hikari want most in this world with me? 

      "Do this for our child," the words came out in a rush but I knew I struck a nerve when she recoiled. I opened my eyes, expecting her walls to come down, for her to embrace me and love me and spawn my heir but. . .none of which greeted me.

      "Jusaki was right from the start. . .the last thing you wanted to control, was me," her voice gained a dangerous edge. The palm of her Susanoo started to discolour wish black wisps from Shinigami's chakra. It extended and for a second I thought she changed her mind to let us both die, but it all became sealed when the Susanoo gifted Hashirama with his breath of life. 

      I put up no resistance when Hashirama stuck his blade through my chest, I was almost grateful for it. My eyes held betrayal as I stared at my reflection in the rippling water, my Sharingan faded and I looked. . .almost vulnerable.

      "My Little Uchiha," I gasped, collapsing. "I thought. . .I thought you. . .l. . ." 'loved me'. I couldn't finish the sentence.  

      She crouched in front of me, her body shaking. I hacked up blood against her shoulder when she embraced me. I was gifted with a tender long kiss to the forehead, she would've kissed my lips if my body hadn't slumped. 

      "Madara–Sama. . ." Hikari whispered as I coughed again.

      I didn't hear what else she said; I closed my eyes and fell into the stream. The last thing I remembered was the freezing water wash the blood from my wound mixed with Hikari's tears.