8

Eight
The Past
Izuku Midoriya

÷÷÷

After the incident, my friends gave me some time to recover. They didn't ask questions.

Until a few days later, during lunch...

"Hey, Deku?" Uraraka asks, I glance up.

"Yeah?" I question.

"I, hate to bring this up, but... about what happened a few days ago..."

I noticeably flinched when she mentioned it.

"Ah, heh... I was... wondering when that was going to come up..."

"Can you... explain what was going on? Why Bakugo was so mad, and where you got those scars?" Uraraka asks. All my friends are quiet.

"I... I guess I should start from the beggining..." I sigh, pushing my food away. I wasn't hungry anymore suddenly.

"When I was 5...

"Mama?" I looked inside an alleyway, and saw Mama lying on the ground, with a large red circle on the front of her shirt.

"Mama!" I ran over, happy that I has found her.

"Izuku, wait!" Aunty Mitsuki followed me with Kacchan.

"Oh my God..." she covered her mouth. Mama was asleep. Why was she asleep?

I shook her, trying to wake Mama up.

"Mama wake up!"

"She's not going to wake up kid."

"Hah! Stupid quirkless Deku!" Kacchan exclaimed, laughing.

"Why are you so mean to me Kacchan?" I asked, looking up at him sadly.

"Just because you don't have parents doesn't mean I'll pity you dumbass."

"Izuku, these are your new parents." I smiled happily.

Mrs. Vettel smiled at me, and so did Mr Vettel. They seemed kind.

That was the day I left the orphanage.

"YOU LITTLE SHIT!" I yelped as Mr Vettel punched me in the face, I don't know what I had done. What did I do?

He kept hitting me, when I fell over he kicked me.

The next day, Mrs Vettel did the same.

And that was what happened every day when I came home from school, from that day forward.

"Oi! Deku!" I flinched and turned to face Kacchan.

"Y-Yeah Kacchan?" I asked.

"Why have you been moping around so much? It's freakin me out, what happened to the cheerful dumbass?"