20

Twenty
I Don't Want To Scare You
Ellie Terrilynn

⚠(This will chapter will contain some trigger topics, including intense bullying and assault. Viewer discretion advised)⚠
(This is also mostly an OC backstory, but it's going to be story relevant I promise!)

÷÷÷
Ellie

I turned around and opened the door to Pearl's room.

"We shouldn't talk out here, someone might hear us... this isn't exactly public information."

Bakugo didn't say or do anything except follow me inside. Pearl was asleep in her bed. Tears stained her cheeks, but she was sleeping better then before thankfully.

I stayed silent for a moment.

"Well?" Bakugo glared down at me, and I sighed.

"Do you remember what I told you about Pearl's quirk? She forces people to see nothing but their worst fear, but in return she has nightmares?"

He nodded, "The more she uses it, the worse the nightmares get, right? I still thinks it's bullshit, quirks are physical abilities."

"You aren't wrong, mostly," I told him, "Pearl's quirk is... different, in a sense. The most notable drawback is her nightmares. She used her quirk a lot today, which is why it was so bad... but it could've been a lot worse. We've... dealt with worse..."

God, I hated telling him this story, remembering this part of our lives.

"There was a time in middle school when I overused my quirk, badly." I looked up, startled to see Pearl was awake.

"Shouldn't you be asleep?" I asked her.

"You guys aren't very quiet," she laughed slightly, but it sounded empty.

"What happened?" Bakugo asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I got bullied a lot in middle school," Pearl explained, "I didn't like my quirk, at all, honestly I hated it, so I told everyone I was quirkless. One day, after school, I got cornered in an alleyway by some bullies. Ellie was at a soccer practice, so I was alone. The bullies thought it would be fun to try beating me up..." she trailed off. I took up the story.

"She panicked, and accidently used her quirk on all five of the bullies at once. She used the chance to get away, but...

An ear shattering scream rang through the house, and I shot out of bed. In my pajamas, I ran to Pearl's room, where the scream had come from. Mama and Papa were already there.

"Ow! Ow! Mom it hurts, it hurts!" Pearl was crying, holding her left eye. Blood was gushing from between her fingers.

"Ellianna, call the hospital!" Papa exclaimed.

"Is Sis okay?" I asked worriedly.