twenty.

"huh mom! why did you hide this! after all these years i thought i lost one of the most important people in my life and you decide to hide them and for what reason!"
caleb says now yelling into the phone

"caleb listen honey, it was for the best. he wasn't safe and you wouldn't be either. i know all of this might sound stupid and cruel to you but once you hear the full story you'll understand"

"no". he simply let out as he handed the phone to annie and hung up on his mother

"caleb it's gonna be okay." annie says to her brother in tears

"no annie! you never lost a best friend! you wouldn't know! and to know your own mother has been hiding them from you! you wouldn't know" he yells

"i think we all just need to take a break" kenzie says from the back

"if only i could've said something. caleb i have to tell you something. you might hate me, but the truth comes out somehow they say." asher starts to say.

(btw caleb is basically friends with everyone at the party cause like yeah)

"what do you mean" caleb says starting to get up and look at asher

"well it all started 5 years ago when luke and sydneys dad had left them. their mom had gotten re married, and soon enough they had a step dad. now he was a threat to the family. which caused problems, that basically tore the family apart. no one ever knew about it. until one day i was biking along their street and their step dad happened to be outside. luke and sydney were out to. he started to yell about something but i couldn't really hear. so i went behind a bush. and started to listen. he was yelling about leaving and sending them to an adoption place and he was saying how they had to obey or unless they want "last nights treatment" which i never found out what he meant by that. caleb somehow you came up behind me. i ended up leaving before you could ask me why i was snooping around. and i just biked back home. but i did manage to figure out what they said."

"could you tell us ash" annie said looking into ashers eyes

"yea i can. before i do though, i just wanna say im so sorry for not telling you annie or caleb. i was scared and i was told not to. everyone told me it was for the best. but here it goes. he said to them that there lives are hanging off there last chance. and something else about their old dad and more about their lives. i immediately biked off before they could see me but i managed to reach your house annie. i knocked on the door and your mom answered. i told her what happened, and she took action. she managed to find out what else was going on since she was close with sydney and luke's father. basically their lives were in danger and sydney and luke had to be hid. so that's why luke was pronounced dead. and sydney ran away back to her dad's but soon enough came back home. luke was staying with your aunt. and their step dad was put to jail. but it was still not a safe place to be. their step dad had hired people to harm them if they were found. i would've told you and annie but your mom told me it wouldn't be safe and that's why they came back today. please please don't be angry."

"asher.. im not mad. im just confused and my emotions don't know where to go right now. but thanks for telling me" caleb said to him

"annie are you?"

silence

"annie"

"no asher. i just wonder how you hid this for 5 years" annie says

"annie. i didn't want to. but i was forced to."

"but how come he came home now" caleb asks asher

"because he came home to see his fear end but the truth is it never really ends..."

_________

hi! 🦋 so im like loving these chapters im writing cause there actually interesting to write. but i start school on monday. sad. like really sad but I'll still be able to write i just won't be able to post that much!🦋

just remember.... this story is not over yet hehehe🥰