twenty-one.

asher

see the whole point of me telling caleb and annie this was to clear up the air. i let them know what was really going on with luke. see it didn't really end off right.

"what do you mean his fear would never end" caleb asked

"what i mean is. his step dad tried to escape. it didn't go to well but he got his message out." he explained to annie and caleb

"what was the message"

"it said come home kids your surprise will be right in front of you. before he could say anything else guards caught him. but his death row ends today. it was on the news."

"the news was on today why didn't i see anything"

"news 6?" asher asks

"yeah. it doesn't matter anyway. the point is we need to go help luke now" caleb says grabbing his car keys

"where are you going" hayley asks him

"to go get my best friend back" he says and runs out the door

while caleb was leaving annie was no where to be found..

"hay, do you know where annie went" asher asked

"she went upstairs cause she said she had to get something done" kenzie says

but then a flashback came to ashers mind..

flashback
to
the treehouse
of summer 2018
( not the same treehouse )

"anns you cant do this!" asher yells

"asher this is my way of getting away from reality. please. your life and everyone else's will be much better"

"annie you can't! i can't loose you!"

"a-asher please."

she grabbed the knife and put it to her wrist but asher grabbed it out of her wrist and threw it out of the window

"i can't loose you annie! if your gonna do this over one boy imagine what is gonna happen in the future. your gonna get your heart broken that's how life works and you can't just try to kill yourself each time something is hurting you!"

"well something needs to be done about it. I don't know when I'll do it. maybe next year, maybe tomorrow or maybe even never."

"what do you mean"

"see you around angel." annie says and walks off

end of flashback

asher ran towards the stairs

"what the fuck is your problem" kenzie asks as she starts running with him

"it's a-annie. that something that needs to be done isn't just something, it could risk her life" asher says as he sprints up the 30 step stairs.

"asher. i think your overreacting.." kenzie says as she starts to walk back down

asher finally made it to the top and when he reached annies room there was just silence..

"annie! annie baby! it's gonna be okay!" asher yells as he looks for annie

one particular spot stood out to asher. her dresser. she always had a small box on it and she always wanted to keep it there, it caught ashers attention. it happened to be on the ground open. in the small box were memories annie kept including even things that meant a lot to her... he looked around the dark room, but then out of the ordinary down the hall he saw one of the bathroom lights open with the door closed. he walked towards the bathroom, and he knocked once, and he got no response, so he barged in.

"a-annie...i thought you said you wouldn't do it again" asher says in tears looking down at annie with the small knife she used on the same day as the flashback asher had. she had blood on her wrists and tears running down her face

he grabbed the knife away and put it on the counter for now and closed the door so no one would hear them. he took a small towel and soaked it in warm water and put it on her wrists. they sat on the ground just staring into each other's eyes. no talking. no tears. just looking into each other's eyes. asher never knew this day would come again, he just had an instinct when kenzie said that, turns out his instinct was correct, and it could've saved her life.

"im s-sorry asher" annie says hurtfully

"you don't need to be sorry my love. just i want to know why, why'd you decide to start this again, you were doing so well."

"a-asher i just-."

"annie please. i want to help you"

"okay. well it started a couple of weeks ago, when you were in the hospital and we had on and off fights. that's when i started again. i thought i would loose you, and you were the one who made me happy everyday. and i thought my happiness was over so i thought this would cure my pain. but it made it worse."

"why didn't you talk to me about it"

"asher i was scared to even talk to my mom about it. i thought people would think it was funny that i was thinking i would loose you"

"it wouldn't be trust me. i would never wanna risk loosing you."
-

🥺 my ashannie heart 🥺

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

school starts in 2 days. and im crying about it. not really. just mentally lmao🥺