Chap 1

Juyeon's pov
hey , the name is Kang Juyeon and i'm a girl getting ready to live by myself in Seoul. i lived in Busan ever since i was young but needed to move to Seoul because the school i want to enrol in is in Seoul.

i found an apartment that was renting out a room. the rent payment was pretty cheap for a room to myself. i just need to live with 5 other guys who were friends as stated in their condition.

i was kind of surprised that they would be fine with living with a girl which made me a little suspicious about it but then again i'm just a poor girl who can't afford an apartment for myself.

"are you sure you'll be okay alone in Seoul? i can tag along if you want me to." my mom asked. "it's okay mom , you need to stay here and take care of Junhyung." i said. "but 5 guys? i'm not convinced you'll be safe there." my mom said. "i promise if i find something off when i meet them , i'll come right back home and forget about university alright? i really need you to stop worrying about me mom." i said.

"okay , you're my big girl now. promise me to call after you reach Seoul tomorrow okay? eat well and sleep well." my mom said. "got it mom. i love you." i said before she left the room. my last night here in Busan and i'm going to leave my family tomorrow morning. it's gonna be long till i'll see my 7 year old brother and my parents.

the next day..

4am in the morning and i'm dead inside. i'm so sleepy because i slept so late last night even though i know i need to wake up early today. whatever , i got a bus to catch now.

i dragged my huge luggage which had all my things inside silently out of the my room and the house so i won't wake up my family who were still asleep.

when i finally got onto the bus , i sat by the window and stared blankly outside not realising a girl sat next to me. "hey , it's okay for me to sit here right? i'm kinda uncomfortable sitting with others that don't look like my age." she asked. "yeah you can , it's not taken." i smiled back.

"what's your name?" she asked. "Juyeon. Kang Juyeon. you?" "Lee Jiwon. i'm 19 this year." she said. "really? me too!" i said. "that's great. i don't suppose you're heading to Seoul because you wanna enrol in Seoul National University are you?" she asked making my eyes widen. "i am!" i exclaimed. "oh my! i can't believe i found a schoolmate already." Jiwon said excitedly.

oh and i haven't told you what i'm actually cursed with. i have this ability to see a match made in heaven. if i see a red string tied on a pinky of a male and a female , i know that they're soulmates and are meant to be together for life. if a string has knots between , that means the couple will need to overcome difficulties to be together. but a curse is put on me because of my ability , i'll remain single my whole life. i've never actually helped any couple get together , i just break couples up when i don't see red strings tied on their pinky connecting them together.

at first , i got tons of hate and weird looks when i told people they won't last together due to my ability. however after everyone realised every couple i told them to separate really separated in the future , everyone started believing me and i became their fortune teller ?

all lovebirds in my school would ask me if they would last. i kind of envied them because they would all have their happy ever after unlike me. my mom and dad didn't have this ability. i inherited this from my aunt who was single for her life. my aunt was the first person in the family to be cursed with this curse and i'm unfortunately the next one.

my mom did tell me that grandma did mention i can break my 'single forever' curse if i find someone else who can see red strings like i do because i can only be together with those who can see red strings. which is a problem because i have not come across anyone who had that ability other then my aunt and also means i won't have much choices for my other half. maybe i'll just be single for the rest of my life and become a matchmaker.

——————————————————————