Chap 9

Juyeon's pov
"Juyeon!" Jiwon smiled upon seeing me. "hey." i said when i sat next to her. "wanna know something? Jinhyuk asked me out!" Jiwon cheered softly. "WHAT?!" i raised my voice making everyone looking at me. "lower your voice!" Jiwon hit my arm. "sorry but , are you serious? you're not hallucinating are you?" i asked. "he asked me out last night through a text." Jiwon said. "text? that's not a nice way to ask someone out." i said. "i think it's pretty good." Jiwon smiled. "so what's your decision?" i asked with a sigh. "of course i'm going to accept it." Jiwon said. "oh well , i can't not support your choice can i?" i sighed. "you're the best! i love you." she hugged me. "and i hate you." i said.

today we only have one lesson so after school i went straight home since Daehwi still have other lessons and Jiwon was going to home to prepare for her date with Jinhyuk. i was worried for her but i know i can't do anything about it. when i got home , everyone was out except Youngmin. "oh , you're back early." he smiled. "yeah , only one class today." i replied. "wanna have lunch together?" he offered. "where?" i asked. "just a restaurant my aunt opens down the street. she cooks delicious cold noodles." he said. "okay , i'll get ready." i said before heading to my room. i placed my school bag down and picked up a small bag slipping my phone and wallet inside before heading back outside to see Youngmin waiting outside. "you ready?" he asked and i nodded.

the two of us walked for about 10 minutes while chatting. when we reached , the owner of the shop hugged Youngmin upon seeing him. "i see you brought someone here." she smiled at me. "hello." she said to me. "hi , my name is Juyeon." i greeted her. "oh , do sit." she said leading us to a table for two. "wait here alright?" Youngmin said sitting me down on the table before walking into the kitchen.

Youngmin's pov
"aunt , can i cook for her?" i asked. "why? you trying to woo her?" she smirked. "yes i am." i replied. "you know it's not gonna work that way-" "she can see red strings too." i said. she kept quiet for a moment before coming closer to me. "are you for real?" she asked. "yes aunt. now you know i'm trying to woo her." i said.

"sure thing , you can cook and show her your feelings through the food." my aunt teased. "not that fast. Woojin told her how he feels and she's already avoiding him. i'll take it slow , i don't wanna make things ugly." i said. "poor thing must be scared to her wits , suddenly having five guys come at her since she can be one of your happiness." she sighed. "four. Woong's curse is lifted. he has a red string attached to someone who can't see them." i said. "that means there's a chance for you!" she said excitedly.

"no , it's not possible. Woong's family line has been passing this down for years and the only way this was happening was when they met someone who can see red strings. maybe god took pity on his family and decided to lift Woong's curse since all his family members can see red strings. i got it from uncle and he died single so it's not possible for me. i can only pray i get Juyeon to be with me." i said. "whatever you decide , just know i'll be here for you." my aunt smiled. "now run along and cook a delicious meal for your girl." she said handing me an apron.

after some time , i cooked a bowl of cold noodles for her and served it. "taste it , tell me if it's good." i smiled. "you made this?" she asked and i nodded. "i learnt how to make cold noodles from a young age. although i'm not sure if i still have the skills." i said.

"so what? i'm your guinea pig?" she asked. "n-no! please don't think it that way. i- um.. aw man." i slapped my forehead. "i was just kidding. i'll enjoy this." she chuckled.

———————————————————————