Chapter 2

"Mr. Ju, is this really the way? It feels like we've been going in circles." Minchan quipped as they walked up the mountain.

"Hush. Our king would never lead us astray. Have more faith in your king, Minchan." Hoyoung seethed.

"Yeonho sir, Minchan has made a crucial point. Was there a slight miscalculation?" Dongheon asked.

"Wait for it." Yeonho said as he stopped walking.

The others circled him in case of an enemy attacked. They stood on alert at the sound of rustling leaves.

"Stay sharp everyone!" Minchan shouted as he kept his eyes peeled for anything suspicious.

A figure jumped out from behind the trees and landed in the middle beside Yeonho.

"Mr. Ju, Mr. Choi has been expecting you." the person said while in a bowed position.

"Ah, stand up straight. Please, lead the rest of the way." Yeonho said with a smile.

The clansmen nodded then took the lead. Yeonho's clansmen looked at each other before following.

✵ ✹ ✵ ✹

The clansmen pushed the door open and revealed the inside of Morse's base of operations. They soon heard clapping and the sound of footsteps on the floor. Yeonho broke out in a smile.

"Well done, Taehyun. Go fetch us some drinks. Pretty sure this conversation will leave us winded." the Silver king said as he motioned for them to follow him.

Hoyoung and Dongheon sat on either side of Yeonho while Minchan sat next to Dongheon. The Silver king and Taehyun sat on the opposite side.

"Gyehyeon is missing." Yeonho started, his happy mood disappearing and becoming serious.

"Right hands from all clans are missing. Even Wonnie." said the Silver king losing his carefree attitude. "There are two important things right now. Who and why."

"Beomgyu, do you think it's the other kings rebelling?" Yeonho asked.

"It's plausible. But if it was a king's doing, would their right hand go missing?" Beomgyu retorted.

"Mr. Choi, if I may interject. It is possible that they could fake losing their right hand to seem innocent." Hoyoung said.

"Precisely. That's why I brought it up, Beomgyu. The public wouldn't dare mess with us unless they have a death wish." Yeonho explained.

"Let's keep all of our options open. I'd hate to admit it, but we need NCity because of their power with the government and general public and Stray with their knowledge of the underground." Beomgyu said with a heavy sigh. "Never in all my years would I have thought I'd rely on either."

"Don't worry, I feel the same way." Yeonho said with a weary smile.

✵ ✹ ✵ ✹

Minchan looked at Taehyun who walked beneath the Silver king. He had heard about the Silver's king's zero gravity power but never expected to see it up close.

"All right, from this distance it'll be a straight shot into the heart of Tokyo. Though, I can't guarantee where we'll land." said Beomgyu as he lowered himself to the ground.

Everyone held his hand and became temporary clansmen with his ability but without free will to move about.

"Mr. Choi, is this-" Dongheon started but was forced to stop when Beomgyu took off.

Hoyoung admired the sights from above as they traveled over bridges, roads, cars, people, you name it. He still couldn't believe his king and the Silver king were old friends.

"Minchan, Hoyoung. Once we land, you are to stay with the First king and help him. I have to go back and keep the orb under control." Yeonho said then looked at Dongheon. "You're coming back with me."

"Understood." they said in unison.

"Leaving so soon, Yeon? Come visit me more often when the balance of peace isn't in jeopardy." Beomgyu said with a hearty laugh.

"Carefree as always. The one thing I always hated about you. Take care of my boys, will you?" said Yeonho as he could see their landing spot.

"Of course." Beomgyu replied before stopping on a rooftop. "This is where we part. Until next time, Yeon."

Dongheon waved to his fellow clansmen before holding Yeonho and jumping off the roof.

"We of Veri are at your disposal in accordance of our king's orders." Hoyoung and Minchan said in unison.

"Save the formalities for another time. Let's go meet with the Red king. Do you know where their base of operations is?" Beomgyu asked.

"Follow us." Hoyoung said then started going down the fire escape.

✵ ✹ ✵ ✹

Woojin swirled his drink around as his clansmen worked. Some were out gathering information from the underground while others stayed at the bar searching online. No one was behind the bar counter.

"Woojin sir, we received word that clansmen from the Veri are in our vicinity making their way to here. It seems the Silver king is with them." Felix said.

"Let them come. It's obvious what they're here for. Question is, did they go to the Blues first?" Woojin said slowly.

The door opened and Beomgyu had entered with Taehyun, Minchan and Hoyoung. Woojin raised an eyebrow at the sight. He expected to see Dongheon among them.

"And to what do I owe the pleasure of being in the almighty First king, the Silver king's presence?" Woojin asked as he lit a cigarette.

"You know why we're here. I came to you first because of your connections underground. This doesn't seem like anything but underground work." Beomgyu said as he took a seat at the bar.

"Well, if you're looking for info, all we have is that all the other right hands of the other clans are missing as well." said Woojin after taking a puff.

"I figured as much. I know this idea won't thrill you at all in the least but, let's team up with the Blues. With both of you working above and under ground, we'll probably cover more ground. The Gold king is also providing help through these two." said Beomgyu as he gestured to Hoyoung and Minchan.

"And if we decline?" Woojin asked, knocking off ash.

"It'll be much longer in figuring out what the hell happened and getting our men back." Beomgyu said with a serious look.

Woojin took another drag from his cigarette before putting it out. They quietly waited for him to make a decision. He hated getting involved with the Blues more than being bossed around.

"Wait until Chan comes back. Then I'll go with you along with him and Felix." Woojin said with a tired sigh.

✵ ✹ ✵ ✹

Hoyoung watched from behind as Woojin and Beomgyu walked side by side. He never thought the ferocious and careless Red king was actually pretty rational. He was always depicted as someone rash and self serving. There really was more to him that met the eye.

"Can't believe we hafta team up with'em Blues." Chan spat as they walked.

Passerby stepped back at the sight of the Reds. Minchan noticed this and wondered just how feared they were. Taehyun and Hoyoung noticed a few who seemed happy to see them. They couldn't be all bad if they had fans.

"Ah, I see the building. I'm getting nervous, what about you?" Beomgyu asked in order to lighten the mood.

"I can't guarantee I won't get annoyed by Johnny." Woojin said with a shrug.

"Still don't like each other huh?" said Beomgyu with a bitter smile.

They arrived in front of the building and were instantly granted entrance as if they were expecting them. The three clans passed through the gate and into a eye opening battle.