Chapter 6

Felix leaned against Woojin as the clans sat together in a meeting room. Shihyun happily teased Kyeongheon while everyone else waited for Johnny to arrive. Everyone heard the door open and was surprised to not see Johnny entering.

"You're..." Beomgyu whispered.

"The Seventh king, the Colorless king, Kim Jaemin..." Shihyun finished as he kept his eyes on him.

Johnny entered soon after then cleared his throat. He looked at Jaemin then quietly told him to take a seat. Jaemin sat down and Johnny did the same as well.

"Jaemin has decided to come out and work with us in place of his clansmen. He's worried about their mentality." Johnny explained.

"Wha? He mute like'is useless Minhyun?" Chan asked then received a hit from Woojin.

"I hate to admit it, but he's a lot more capable than he looks. Me and a few of my clansmen had the honors of seeing it first hand." Johnny replied as he briefly looked at his hand. "More importantly, we've identified the blood and found it to only belong to the cashier. Both his and Junghak's fingerprints were on the phone. We couldn't find a clue of the perp anywhere."

Shihyun glanced at Jaemin who kept his head down and stayed completely silent. He nudged Kyeongheon who gave him a suspicious look. Haknyeon observed them as Kyeongheon silently argued with his king.

"Shihyun..." Jaemin said without lifting his head. Everyone in the room now looked at Jaemin. Jaemin finally lifted his head and stared directly into Shihyun's eyes. "If you have something to say, speak up."

"I... I uh..." Shihyun stammered.

Everyone was surprised to see the ever bubbly Shihyun in a flustered state. Just what kind of power did Jaemin have that could make Shihyun waver?

"I just... I just wanted to know how you were doing..." Shihyun mumbled then hid behind Kyeongheon.

"Am I dreaming? Is Shihyun backing down?" Woojin asked with wide eyes.

"Shut up, asshole." Shihyun spat as he glared at Woojin.

"I'm fine, Shihyun. I don't know if either told you, but I recently got over a cold. I've been falling ill less lately." Jaemin said with a faint smile.

Beomgyu squinted his eyes at Jaemin who rested his head against the table again. He still couldn't believe he survived. He needed to find out how as his clansmen shouldn't have been able to do much.

"Anyway, continuing with our current and more pressing matter, we're looking into areas that Junghak described along with Strays. We hope to find them soon since now they know they've gotten in contact with us." Johnny said then rose from his seat. "Any questions, concerns, suggestions?"

"I have one." Hoyoung said as he looked around at everyone gathered. "We should all take a break and do something together. I know their lives are on the line, but if we're constantly tense, would we perform any better?"

Johnny sucked his teeth as he looked at Hoyoung and Minchan.

"You king has always been the party, easy going type. You aren't fit for the title "second strongest"." Johnny spat before leaving the room.

"I hate Johnny with a passion, but he has a point. It's the kind like you and your king that end up losing both the battle and war." Woojin said as he rose from his seat. "Lix, Chan."

They nodded then left the room with him. Hoyoung looked at the others and watched as Haknyeon and Juyeon got up and left as well. Shihyun and Kyeongheon stood up as well. Shihyun gently shook Jaemin who lifted his head and took in that everyone was leaving.

"I'll treat you to something bitter..." Shihyun whispered as he helped him out of his seat then out the door.

"In the end, it's just us huh?" Beomgyu said with a heavy sigh.

"Mr. Choi, I couldn't help but notice you were glaring at Mr. Kim... Did he do something to you?" Minchan asked curiously.

"Huh? Oh, no, no. There's nothing wrong. I just haven't seen him in ages. I thought him to be dead..." Beomgyu mumbled as he stared at the door.

✵ ✹ ✵ ✹

Shihyun swung his legs back and forth as Jaemin ate a bitter candy. Kyeongheon looked at Shihyun and wondered when he became so close to Jaemin, the Colorless king. He cleared his throat then pulled Shihyun off to the side.

"You better explain why you're getting handsy with your king." Shihyun said angrily.

"Since when have you been close to the Colorless king? We've never heard you mention him and Jooan accompanies you everywhere." Kyeongheon fussed.

"Know your place." Shihyun said with a stern look. "I order you to head back inside until I call for you."

Kyeongheon opened his mouth to speak then closed it. He knew better than to go against Shihyun. He had seen his king and Jooan outside one night. Jooan was bleeding a lot and breathing heavily while Shihyun remained unscathed. He didn't know what happened between them, but Jooan had eventually collapsed and he assumed passed out.

"Yes, sir." said Kyeongheon as he turned on his heel and headed back inside.

Jaemin watched Kyeongheon leave then looked at Shihyun.

"You're letting your nature show..." Jaemin muttered as he finished off the candy.

"Oh? Silly me!" Shihyun giggled as he took his seat beside Jaemin. "Kyeong is the most annoying clansman I have on staff! He's always so pessimistic. That's why I chose Jooan!"

"You try too hard... The First king is going to think something's up with you." Jaemin said with a yawn. "Though, he's already wary of me."

"Why? You haven't done anything wrong!" Shihyun pouted then held Jaemin's hands. "I'll back you up if he tries to hurt you guys."

"Shi..." Jaemin said in surprise.

"They all just left you there to die! Being one of the lower ranking kings, I know how it felt to be cast aside. I may seem airhead and unfeeling, but I knew I had to help you." Shihyun confessed then placed Jaemin's hands over his heart. "And I don't regret it in the slightest."

Jaemin gave him a small smile as a light blush tinted his face. After years of being isolated from everyone, it was the first time anyone who wasn't from his clan had showed him such kindness.

✵ ✹ ✵ ✹

Johnny sat in his office then heard Woojin enter without knocking. Classic Woojin.

"What." Johnny deadpanned as he started a new jigsaw.

"Can you just turn off your assholeness for a minute?" Woojin snapped as he slammed his palms against his desk. "There's something I can't tell the others, not even that fucking immortal First king."

"And you, a delinquent who hates me, feels more comfortable telling me?" asked Johnny with a raised eyebrow.

"You get shit done. Back to the topic, it's about our missing clansmen. One of my boys went snooping around and hasn't reported back to anyone for an entire day. Here's the location." said Woojin as he took out a map. "Lix!"

Felix quietly walked in and was soon by Woojin's side. Johnny kept his eyes on Felix as he placed his hand on the map and closed his eyes.

"Remember what I told you." Woojin said.

Felix lifted his hand and soon a red x mark appeared on the map. He looked at Woojin who gave his head a pat.

"It's not his exact location, but it's the general area he's in. My boys are too rowdy for this stealthy job." mumbled Woojin. "Use that information however you please. Lix."

Felix bowed to Johnny before following Woojin out of the room. He sighed then looked at the map. He hated a lot of things about Woojin, but he couldn't deny the slight admiration he felt with his information gathering skills.