Lost stars

You had never felt so frightened in your life since that particular day. You had tried to erase the memory from your head and failed miserably.

You felt the same as you had felt eleven years ago.

Maybe, you were overreacting, maybe he had just gone somewhere else, but you couldn't get rid of the anxiety creeping up on you like a disease, making it hard for you to breathe.

Panic attack.

That's what it was.

You were having a panic attack.

Trying to repress the overwhelming desire to curl up into a ball and rock back and forth, you force your legs to move.
You get into the water, the waves licking your toes, and you feel like the sand is disappearing under your feet every time they retract.

Come on.

You trudge through the water, legs feeling like lead with every step.

"JIMIN?" You shout.

The bodyguards catch sight of you.

You can see the distress on their face as they signal you to go back, but you ignore them.
Eyes looking in all directions, you scan the surroundings, trying to detect a blonde head.

"JIMIN!" You repeat.

Your heartbeats fasten their rhythm.

You're hyperventilating, the air just not enough for your lungs -

"Y/N?"

You snap your head to the left, where the voice comes from and almost cry in relief.

Jimin is standing a few feet from you, knee deep into the water, some sea shells on his hands.
He looks at you with worry in his eyes and approaches you carefully.

"What's wrong?" he says. "Why are you screaming?"

"Where were you?"

"I was just getting some sea shells on the shore. What happened?"

You are infuriated.

You grab the shells from his hands and throw them as hard you can into the ocean.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO GET TOO FAR ! DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS?"

Your hands are shaking and you're breathing hard.
You slump into the shallow water, soaking your clothes all over, but you couldn't care less.
Jimin is there immediately, enveloping you into his arms.

"I'm sorry. I didn't expect for you to get so worried.Besides, the bodyguards are right over there.... Hey, shhh-"

A strangled whimper escapes from your lips, and you hug him tightly.

"If you get away from me again, I will drown you," you say, halfway through tears.

He lets out a shaky laugh and pats your back.

"I won't."

* * *

"Are you sure about this?" you ask, still looking down at yourself in distaste.

Your clothes had been soaked thoroughly from the earlier incident, so you had been forced to go for some more shopping, the water dripping from your shorts leaving a trail behind you.

Jimin was no better.

For some strange reason, his own shorts were wet only at the front part, making him look like he had peed his pants.

You had barely held your laughter, constantly turning your head to the side so he wouldn't see.

"It looks great on you. I rarely see you in a dress," he says. "Besides, we don't have time to check everything out, because if you've noticed, people are staring at me."