Rings on Sale

If there is one thing worse than being chased it is the effect it leaves on you afterwards.

You couldn't make one step without thoroughly checking your surroundings, ears perked up at the smallest sound.

There was no avoiding it.

The best option for now was lying low.

You both made sure you kept in the shadows, trying to make yourselves as unnoticeable as possible.
And for some reason Jungkook had gone back to being his clingy self, not letting go of you for a moment.

You were not complaining, though.
You were enjoying the warmth coming from him a little too much to tell him off.

"Are you sure you're ok?" he asks and his hand rubs the small of your back.
"I kinda fell on top of you earlier. Sorry. I must've crushed you."

"It's nothing I've never handled before." you answer.

His lips twitch and he can't seem to hold the snort coming through his nose.
The mechanisms of your brain finally click into place and  you dramatically roll your eyes.

"I meant it as in I've held you before, not– ugh! That was one time and you were leaning on your forearms."

You slap a hand across your mouth, realizing you'd just said that out loud, but then again, no one was really hearing.

Jungkook's mouth stretches into a wide smile, all of his bunny teeth on display.

"So you do remember the details, huh?" he teases.

You give him a challenging stare, not backing down for a second. "It was not exactly something you can forget."

"I know." he says and his eyes dip down to your throat. "I keep replaying it in my head ever since it happened."

"Nothing happened." you object.

"Something happened." Jungkook corrects you. "It may not seem like a big deal to you but it is to me. That was the first time you trusted me enough to let yourself go. No barriers."

You gulp as the flashbacks hit you one by one. It was true. You'd surrendered to him that night, letting him take things as far as he wanted to. Not care for once. But as much as he'd explored you, as much as he'd looked through the deepest crevices of your soul, he hadn't crossed the line.
You'd seen the willingness in his lustful eyes and how he had crushed it down for you and just like that, the unmistakable love in your heart had only grown bigger.

"But I also remember quite clearly that I did let off some of my weight on you, so I wasn't totally leaning on my forearms." Jungkook continues, clueless to your train of thought.

"Yeah well, I guess I didn't feel it." you reply.

He tips his head back and laughs loudly.

"Is my shamelessness rubbing off on you?"

You reach on your toes and press a soft kiss on his forehead.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

He cups your face with both hands, staring intently at your eyes.

"You're cute." he says in a small voice.

"You take that ba–"

The sentence, however, remains unfinished as you notice the way his eyes are fixed pointedly on the thumb that cradles your cheek.
He was staring at it like it held the secrets of the universe.

"Jungkook?"

"Y/N." he breathes. "I know how to get us out of here."

* * *