The way you are

There was a fine line between being dead and unconscious, but somehow, the resemblance between the two was uncanny. 

Your body felt like it was floating, unable to sense its surroundings. It was like one of those nightmares where you felt like you'd been paralyzed, your lethargic limbs useless by your sides.

Still, you knew you weren't dead.

You weren't sure how.

You just knew.

You were encased in darkness but you could still feel things happening around you, the sounds muffled as if you were underwater.

A rushing stream.

Roaring in your ears.

It came and went, making you consider if it was actually happening or just a mere memory.

Then, you can feel multiple things digging on your back, the uncomfortable feeling making you want to squirm.
A fresh new pain blossoms into your shoulder, agonizingly spreading through your whole body.

You are drowning again, the water filling up your lungs -

You violently explode into a fit of coughing, the water out of your system after a series of retching.

You can breathe again.

Slowly peeling your eyes open, you are almost blinded by the bright sunlight falling directly into your face.
Then, something shields you from it, the sharp outline of a head hovering in your line of sight.

"Oh, thank God." you hear the head say.

It's hard for you to make out the features first, but then as your eyes get used to the light, you recognize the doe eyes, the thin upper lip and the curly hair, which is now wet to the roots, dripping onto your face.

Jungkook.

He's alive.

"Hyung..." you croak, but manage no more than that.

Even breathing was a struggle, your throat burning every time the air scraped its insides.
Jungkook looks no better, his hair sticking to his forehead, a pained expression on his face.
You slowly flick your eyes from side to side, trying to understand where exactly you where.

A flash of green leaves, a patch of blue sky, whiteness under you.

So, that's what had been digging on your back.

Rocks and pebbles.

The creek continues its flow just a little further, the stream seeming to have washed you on the bank along with Jungkook.

Your lids start to close on themselves.

Heavy.

"No no no no. Don't die on me, Y/N."

You feel a hand cradling your cheeks, slightly shaking it in an attempt to wake you up.

So heavy.

Sounds of engines are approaching, their echoes loud despite the fact that your hearing was slightly impaired.

Speeding steps on the pebbles.

So so heavy.

You feel yourself being carried and the hand on your cheek disappears.

You fall into the pure bliss of nothingness.

* * *

Beep beep beep.

You open your eyes to a patient monitor, its screen showing a green line moving rhythmically up and down.