2 - INDIANA FLYER

。・:*:・★

          ZOE ADDAMS WAS VERY WELL VERSED IN THE LAND OF LANGUAGES

ZOE ADDAMS WAS VERY WELL VERSED IN THE LAND OF LANGUAGES. When she was younger, she studied Russian, so well in fact— that she had considered it her second language. In a town like Hawkins, no one spoke Russian, so her only use of it was to impress other people. Besides her love of music, she absolutely adored languages— each one had their own culture and belief behind it. Learning them was fulfilling in a sense, and maybe it was because there was a history behind it to discover.

She absentmindedly peered at the ticking clock on the wall. On quiet nights, when Zoe closes up the Records store, the ticking noise would be much more noticeable. But with the music that had played over the speakers in the store, it drowned out anything else. Yet, Zoe's mind was still attentive to the clock. Her lunch break was coming up soon, which meant a little more extra time at Scoops Ahoy. She saw her coworker, Bea (short for Beatrice), walk out of the backroom, seeming to have finished smoking.

Beatrice had no regard for her own personal health. She was the sheer definition of every god-awful protagonist in those silly romcoms. Her hair was curled to the max, her old brown roots being replaced with locks of gold. She had once told Zoe she was a firm believer in 'girls with perms' as she once put it. She wore the required buttoned-up Records Store uniform which consisted of a red shirt and black pants. She covered her shirt with a brown leather jacket in which she stashed her cigarettes in. Despite her rather unapproachable stance and odd behavior, she was good company for the most part.

Bea replaced Zoe's spot behind the cash registers. An unreadable look in her expression as she calmly recited her rehearsed lines to every customer she cashed out. Zoe made sure to slip on her jean-jacket, suspecting the ice-cream shop might get a bit chilly. She dashed across the store, finding a long line ahead of her. The Scoops Ahoy line trailed out of the shop, which was outrageous. Yet, Zoe found that she was going to wait in it anyways.

As the line quickly shorten, Zoe was next in line. Robin was behind the counter this time, rocking her uniform and Scoops Ahoy required hat. To literally anybody else, the ice cream shop theme was a bit tacky, but boy, did those getups do wonders. When the couple in front of her left the line, Zoe stepped up. She was too busy admiring Robin that she had almost forgotten that she was in a moving line. She was the last in line at the moment, which meant she could hang with Robin just a bit longer.

"The usual?" Robin asked, although it was a bit of a rhetorical question. She had noticed that Zoe came in everyday, ordering the exact same thing as the day before. Ever since adhering to admitting her crush and showing at at Scoops Ahoy none stop, Robin was used to the girls consistency. If anything, it wouldn't be a normal day without Zoe.

Zoe huffed a laugh, a tad bit embarrassed to find out that Robin knew her so well in order to guess her order correctly. She nodded, watching as Robin scooped up the vanilla ice-cream and dumped it into the bowl. She had finished the rest of the preparing, handing her the bowl while Zoe had passed over the money. Zoe was definitely not nonplussed to find that she had a gain a little weight because of her constant cravings for ice cream, and the girl behind the counter.