8 - BOUND TO NOTICE

。・:*:・★

          DUSTIN AND STEVE TRIED EXPLAINING 'THE GATE'

DUSTIN AND STEVE TRIED EXPLAINING 'THE GATE'. Zoe was still very confused as to what was going on, she only knew that the five of them needed to get out of there quickly. It wasn't until Erica had pointed out the missing Russian man that Steve had knocked out earlier that everyone began to grow tense. As if the situation couldn't get any worse, the alarms in the base began blaring. Signaling everyone about the Scoops Troops forbidden arrival. Steve quickly ran over to the door, opening it to find a herd of guards heading towards the Comms room. He quickly shut the door once more, shouting out a string of profanities.

"Go, go, go, go, go!" Steve shouted, ushering everyone back up the stairs. "Move! Let's move!" The adrenaline was coursing through Zoe's veins as her feet pushed her to not look back. She was too afraid to. They all ran into another room (the one they were staring at only a few minutes ago) finding a room of scientists looking back at them. That didn't mean they stopped however when Zoe looked back to find the guards still hot on their tails.

The five of them ran down the stairs, pushing past one man dressed head to toe in a protective suit (which caused Dustin to shriek), coming towards a dead end. "Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!" Dustin yelled, the five of them staring at the large laser beam shooting from the ray. It was like nothing Zoe had ever seen before. Zoe gasped for air, as the large beam of electricity was enough to make her momentarily stop. 

The Russian guards, armed with heavy guns, Steve had pointed out another way out. "This way!" He shouted as he ran down another set of stairs. Zoe was distracted by the ray, so much so that she hadn't even processed the words that Steve had yelled. It wasn't until Robin latched onto her arm and dragged her towards the rest of the group, that she managed to snap back into reality. The five of them ran into a room, which seemed to be another dead end. Steve closed the door behind them, leaning on it as the men tried to pound their way in. "Robin! Zoe! Help me here!" Steve yelled.

Both girls pressed their backs against the door, trying to hold off the guards for as long as they can. "Here! Come on, let's go!" Erica shouted, tugging on a vent on the ground. She was the first to head in, hoping everyone else would follow her. Dustin hesitated, looking back towards the three older teenagers and yelling at them to follow him.

Sadly, they couldn't. Zoe realized that. They had to stay behind in order for the kids to be alright. "Go! Just get out of here!" Zoe yelled, feeling her feet begin to lose their grip on the ground as they began to slide forward. They wouldn't be able to hold off the guards for much longer. "Go get some help!" Steve and Robin yelled as well, trying to course the boy to leave.

"I won't forget you!" Dustin yelled before closing the gate and leaving with Erica. The three teenagers flew forward onto the floor as the guards rush in. They held their guns at the three of them, and with nothing more to do, the three held their hands up- hoping they wouldn't shoot.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Zoe and Robin were carried into a room, the banging headache was enough to stop them from fighting back. Not like they could even fight back against guns that could kill them instantly. She began to think about Steve, hoping he was alright (seeing as he was transferred to a different room). Even the kids, who she began to care about more and more. Zoe chuckled, finding the situation much more humorous than what she should have. She couldn't believe that a harmless crush on a girl had led her to this very moment. And the more that she thought about it, the more Zoe wouldn't change a thing.

Robin furrowed her eyebrows, "What's so funny?" She asked, not sharing the same sentiment as Zoe.

"Nothing- it's just, I laugh when I don't know what else to do. I'm really scared I'm never going to see the sky again, or listen to music again, literally everything I took advantage of. I'm just really  scared." Zoe confessed, leaning her head against the cold metal. The Russians hadn't given them chairs, expecting them to find some sort of comfort on the floor.

Robin crawled up beside her, holding both of Zoe's hands in hers. "Listen to me Zoe, we're going to get out of here. Alive. Dustin and Erica are getting help and someone's bound to notice we're missing. They're going to save us." She tried comforting the girl, which turned out to do some good.

Zoe nodded, a small smile uplifting her face. A small blush crept onto the tip of her nose, tinting her cheeks, as she held onto Robin's hands. "I really hope so." The two stayed quiet for a moment before the door opened again with a slam, ripping the two apart as they tried to calm their beating hearts.

Zoe immediately began to panic as they carried in a beat-up Steve, throwing him onto the ground as they did earlier with the girls. "Steve? Steve!" Both Zoe and Robin try to check on their friend, only to realize that he was knocked out cold. Another man walked in, this time, looking like a superior. "What did you do to him? What did you do?!" Robin yelled at the man, demanding answers he wasn't going to give any time soon.

The man slapped Robin across the face, causing her to groan as she landed on the ground with a thud. Zoe gasped, immediately heading over to the girls' aid. "Put them in the chairs." The man commanded his two soldiers in Russian which Zoe was quick to understand. They managed to put the three of them in the chairs, tying them up with a long belt.

Zoe struggled against the tight hold, watching as the man in charge gripped Steve's hair, pulling him upwards to face him. "Don't touch him," Robin demanded, but to no avail. The man chuckled as he dropped his head. "Steve? Steve, can you hear us?"

Zoe tried to look at Steve, but with the angle she was sitting at, she wasn't able to see if he were alright. The officer began to speak, this time, in English. "I think your friend need a doctor. Good thing... we have the very best." He knelt down, meeting Zoe's eye level, she only glared before he moved onto Robin. The man began to laugh in Robin's face, making Zoe's stomach churn. Robin spat in his face, not caring for the effects it might hold afterward.

The officer stopped laughing, instead, wiping his face with a clean white cloth stored away in his pocket. "You are going to regret that, suka." The nickname sent shivers down Zoe's spine, the threat itself, becoming much more promising the longer they stayed down there.

They began to walk out of the room, no doubt, about to hold up their end of the threatening promise. Zoe whimpered, feeling defeated. "Bastards!" Robin called after them. "Bastards! Let us out! Let us out!"

Zoe was bound to notice, that sometimes, things don't work out the way she wants them to.

AUTHORS NOTE!

I totally forgot to make a note?? Oops?? Anyways, as promised, some angsty fluff for y'all! School starts in two days and I'm not excited, although I found out my friend and I have the same class which is always a plus! Updating from now is going to be a bit slow (although I'll try my best) because since this is my first year of high school, I can't just slack around anymore. I hope you guys liked the chapter and I can't wait to read some comments!! *Don't be a silent reader*