6 - UNDERGROUND

。・:*:・★

          AFTER A LONG EIGHT HOURS, AND TRYING TO FIND A WAY OUT, THEY HAD CAME UP WITH NOTHING

          AFTER A LONG EIGHT HOURS, AND TRYING TO FIND A WAY OUT, THEY HAD CAME UP WITH NOTHING. With daylight now upon them, and the opening of Starcourt mall that day, Dustin had tried getting a signal with anyone around. Now with Steve going on top of the elevator to help Dustin, Zoe didn't know what to do. She and Robin played around with the control button panel, and just like before, nothing happened.

"God, what if we really died down here? I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to my dad. He's probably worried sick." Zoe slouched onto the cold metal ground, feeling completely useless at the moment. The door wouldn't open and they were an estimated hundred feet underground. She couldn't help but think about her dad, who hadn't seen her all night.

Robin shuffled beside her, placing a comforting hand on the girl's shoulder. "Everything is gonna be alright. You're going to see your father again, I promise you that." Zoe smiled, genuinely, she wished she could put her trust in Robin's words, but the truth was— they simply couldn't know. Suddenly, the sound of pouring water began to fill both girl's ears. They turned their head to the corner of the room, cringing instantly as they realized what was happening. "Hey! Steve! Can you please redirect your stream somewhere else?" Robin yelled.

The smell of urine made Zoe cover her nose, suddenly wondering if that's the last scent she was ever going to smell. Steve did happen to redirect his stream, only for the movement to create a zigzag motion as he did so. Both girls disgustingly turned away, not amused with his bathroom break. Their attention was caught by another problem— Erica banging the odd green liquid against one of the metal containers. "Hey, hey! Be careful! We don't even know what that is." Robin shouted, snatching the capsule away from Erica.

"Exactly. It could be useful." Erica defended herself.

"Useful? How?"

"We can survive down here for a long time without food, but if the human body doesn't get water, it will die," Erica informed, although it was basic common knowledge. Zoe looked at the green tube, they would probably die quicker if they tried drinking it.

"I hate to break it to you, but this is not water." Robin gestured to the tube in her hand.

"No, but it's a liquid, and if it comes down to me drinking that shit or dying of thirst, I drink." Erica snatched the tube back, throwing an innocent smile in Robin's direction.

Zoe scoffed, "Good luck with that one, kid." Robin headed over to the entrance of the elevator, placing her ear onto the cold metal to hear better. Zoe did the same thing in exchange, trying to find out what exactly was happening. On the other side was the mechanical whirring of another vehicle, approaching them. After Robin let Steve and Dustin know exactly what was happening, the five of them hid on top of the elevator. Just in time to see two men walk into the room.