10 - TRUTH SERUM

。・:*:・★

          THE GUARDS PROPPED THEM BACK UPRIGHT

          THE GUARDS PROPPED THEM BACK UPRIGHT. Zoe's blood had rushed back into the rest of her body, immediately making her feel lightheaded. She closed her eyes, the ringing in her head had become unbearable by that point. She tried focusing on her breathing which seemed to be doing her some good until Steve had let out an ear-piercing scream beside her. Her eyes shot open, trying to find what exactly had made Steve Harrington so scared. And as soon as she did, her heart sank to her stomach. She wasn't necessarily afraid of needles and shots, but as the so-called 'doctor' sank a long sharp thin needle into the boy's neck, she had come up with a new fear.

The doctor moved to Zoe next, amused by the way she wiggled in her chair. As the shot moved closer towards her neck, she let an ear-piercing scream, trying to move her head as far away as she possibly could. Robin twitched in her seat, trying to do anything in her power to help the girl she had come to know and adore even more than before. Sadly, there was nothing she could do, only realizing that once the cries from Zoe had stopped— it would move onto her turn. Robin couldn't even fight it, she was tied up and there was nowhere to run and no one to save her. And as the painful injection inserted her neck, she felt her breath hitch in her throat, letting the guards walk out of the room with no sassy comment in return.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

          "HONESTLY, I DON'T REALLY FEEL ANYTHING." Steve was the first to talk after what felt like forever had passed by. He admitted this with drowsiness laced in his words, clearly not thinking as straight as he could. Zoe groaned, wanting nothing more but to touch her neck, comforting the soreness and uncomfortableness that brewed under her jaw. She then came up with the brilliant idea (at the moment) to rub her neck on her shoulders which seemed to be doing something. "Do you guys?"

Zoe thought the injection was supposed to kill her, or at least place her at the brink of death. But except for their pulsating feeling on her neck and the sadness that come with being kidnapped and almost tortured, she felt as fine as could be. As fine as any sane person would be under such circumstances. Robin sighed, "I mean, I... I feel fine. I feel normal."

Zoe nodded along, although it really did no use as the two other teenagers couldn't see her. She decided to confide in them as well, "Yeah– I guess they messed up their one job."

"I kinda feel good!" Steve blurted, which seemed to set off an interlude of abrupt laughter between all three teenagers. Zoe couldn't help it, the laughter had taken over every part of her body, forbidding her from putting on the slightest frown.

"Wanna know a secret?" Robin tilted her head back, the giggles had become a bit disoriented by the second. Zoe and Steve asked what it was that seemed to be on the tip of her tongue, chuckled spewing from them as they did so. "I like it too! I feel good!"