4 - ACCESSING THE DOOR

。・:*:・★

          UPON ROBIN'S AMAZING RESOLUTION, THE FOUR OF THEM WERE PERCHED ON A ROOFTOP

UPON ROBIN'S AMAZING RESOLUTION, THE FOUR OF THEM WERE PERCHED ON A ROOFTOP. It was way after closing hours, and with the heavy rain, it didn't make it any better. Zoe wore her poncho tightly around her, she did not want to risk any water infestation. She actually happened to like her clothes and didn't want them ruined. Kneeling in between Robin and Steve, Zoe felt anxious, staring at the multiple men loaded with guns on the payment.

"Look for Imperial Panda and Kaufman Shoes!" Robin instructed Dustin, who held the only pair of binoculars the quadruple owned.

One of the men, equipped with his own large gun, began whistling an unfamiliar tune. "They're with that whistling guy, ten o'clock." Dustin pointed to one of the men carrying Imperial Panda boxes.

"What do you think is in there?" Steve asked curiously, coming up with many different ideas.

"Guns, bombs?" Dustin suggested.

"–Chemical weapons?" Robin threw out there.

Zoe sighed, "Let's just hope its Chinese food and we can call it a night."

"Whatever it is, they're armed to the teeth." Dustin pointed out the obvious. A thunderclap resounded from above, nearly startling Zoe to her edge. It was quite obvious that at this point, she was on high alert. One of the guarded men pulled out a keycard, unlocking a set of doors revealing more IP and KS boxes.

"Let me check it out." Steve tried grabbing ahold of Dustin's binoculars. They began arguing over who should be able to look, only having the pair of binoculars slip from their grasps and land in front of the mysterious men. The loud sound alerted two gunmen, causing Dustin, Steve, Zoe, and Robin to duck. There was no way Zoe was going to die on a rooftop during the Summer. She wouldn't allow herself too.

As they all began to quiet their breathing and slow their panting, Zoe hadn't realized how tightly her hand was grasped onto Robin's. They slowly let each other's hands go, the embarrassment was evident on both of their faces. Zoe decided to distract herself momentarily, pointing to the rooftop doorway. "Come on, let's leave before we get caught!" She whisper-yelled. The four of them quickly and quietly made their way off the roof, success on doing such.

"Well, I think we found your Russians," Robin said, it was meant to come off as sort of a joke, but the tone and situation they were currently placed with— it didn't come out as such.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ZOE WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE BEATRICE COVER FOR HER. It had been the next day, cleared from any previous signs of a storm last night. While she sat at Scoops Ahoy's backroom table, she began to wonder if things happened for a reason. How was she supposed to know that her Summer would be spent cracking codes and confronting men with large guns all while hiding her biggest crush on the girl who worked at the ice cream shop? She couldn't figure it out.