16 - NEVERENDING STORY

。・:*:・★

          ZOE RACED DOWN THE HILL, JUMPING INTO THE BACKSEAT OF THE TODDFATHER

ZOE RACED DOWN THE HILL, JUMPING INTO THE BACKSEAT OF THE TODDFATHER. As quickly as she had run towards the car, Steve and Robin weren't that far behind. Robin held a walkie-talkie to speak with Dustin and Erica, which would make things a lot easier when Zoe had no clue what to do. As Robin jumped into the passenger's seat in a hurry, Steve had jumpstarted the car, eventually pulling it down the grassy slope and driving off closer and closer towards the mall.

As the distance between the mall and car grew shorter, Zoe's heart began racing faster. The adrenaline in her system was something she had never experienced before. Not when a town like Hawkins had nothing to be excited and nervous for. How terribly wrong had she been. Her hair whipped around her face, making it almost impossible to see anything going on. She grabbed her hair, pulling it towards the back of her head before tying it into a tight ponytail that restricted all of its movement.

Steve turned the corner roughly, now in the mall's parking lot. And the sight— had not been what she was expecting. On one side, held a car with Jonathan and the kids. Nancy on the outside almost cowering into herself. On the other side was a car racing straight towards them, straight towards a vulnerable Nancy. Zoe realized it had been Billy Hargrove in the other car, paying no mind to the damage he would do if he ran into Nancy and the other vehicle. Zoe always suspected he wasn't in the right place of mind (mostly because of all the alcohol he drank) but she had never suspected this.

Steve stepped on the pedal, and quickly, Zoe realized what was about to happen. She tightened her hold on the seat just like she had done before, only this time, with more urgency. As Steve's car came closer to colliding with Billy's, the lights in the mall continued acting up. Without a second to spare, Steve crashed into Billy's car, sending both cars to spin wildly out of control. Zoe kept a tight stance in her seat, but once the car had stopped spinning wildly, she had accidentally bumped into the back of Robin's seat. She knew that was about to cause for a huge headache later on.

"Are you guys alright?" Steve asked, keeping his hands steady on the wall as his hair flipped even more wildly than before.

Robin let out a long sigh, trying to relieve herself of the stress that occurred in those ten seconds. "Ask us tomorrow?" Zoe lightly grinned, still frazzled by the sudden impact.

Zoe, realized two things at the same time. One, had been the fire that had begin to start in Billy's car. For a moment, she wondered if he were alright, and then she opted to not care, considering he was adamant on killing Nancy just a few seconds ago. The second thing she had noticed, was the large monster-like creature crawling about Starcourt Mall. It was nothing she had ever seen before. It roared down at the three or them as they stood and watch. Zoe didn't believe in the type of monsters-in-your-closet troupe, but if she had, that's what she would have been afraid of.