Awakening

Just like every after shift you watched everyone rush away. Since your workers thought of you handling yourself they handed you the keys to lock up every night.

You would walk home alone in the dark. But ever since last night's encounter.

It was best of you to leave early.

Once the streets were empty you locked up the cafe, walked over to the other side of the street. You didn't want to pass the alley way or see that trash bag again.

It was better if you walked over to the other side of the street and not deal with the past. The sun seemed to be setting faster than usual. Holding onto your knife you walked with your head up.

The moment the casting shadows from the sun disappeared something seemed to be charging at you from the other side.

Turning around to the alley of the other side of the street white teeth shone with a lashing pink tongue.

An instinct of running forward was the only reason you managed to dodge this creature. You don't know or how? If it was just your way of thinking or an instinct.

Not to walk at the other side of the street. Not to pass by the same alley. Was your decision of walking the opposite side of the street a coincidence? One that saved you from being pulled into the alley by that creature that awaited to ambush you.

Just the realization of it swept through your mind as you ran. Looking over your shoulder at the creature climbing up the walls.

It was going to chase you from the buildings roof.

"Turn to the left." A voice in your head said. Sliding your heels against the concrete you managed to turn to the left. Just in time to dodge the creature that leaped from the buildings roof to the ground.

You continued to run too afraid to look back at it chasing you. That's not what's happening. In fact, it seemed like the creature was crouched in the same spot. It's white eyes squinting at you as if in question of your movement.

"Stop!"

The voice screamed as you froze in place. Turning around you stood underneath light. Circled with security of light exposing you from the darkness of everything else that surrounds you.

The creature remains crouched in the same spot that it tried to pin you down in. "Why isn't it chasing me?" You ask panting heavily with your knife in your hand.

"Don't move." The voice says in your head.

Gulping, you watched the creature slowly raising itself up. Standing on its legs you looked at the white spider like mark on its chest. Wide shoulders with giant hands that could probably pop your head like a grape.

It's long tongue slid out as if it were tasting you. But it seemed to be trying to think of everything that would happen. It took one heavy step forward that made you move your leg move back. Prepared to turn around and run if it started chasing you again.

"Don't move." The voice said in your head said as the creature swayed it's way toward you. It stopped right outside the circled light. You were centered beneath the night pole. Gripping the knife's handle feeling tense of your reflexes.

Looking into the creatures white eyes that were focused down on you. The creature growled as it quickly reached out gripping your neck tightly making you drop the knife. Gripping it's wrist you felt your esophagus being squeezed. Your trachea burned of pain as you felt the pressure of your lungs tighten.

The excruciating means of wanting to release the air you had stuck in your lungs. To feel the saliva slide down. Rolling your eyes back you tried to fight back from passing out. The creature released it's tight grip as the air in your lungs spat out.

Blood raised up to your head as you coughed the stinging burn. The blur vision of the creature standing before you couldn't be cleared. You were so weak and vulnerable.

Perhaps this is your punishment for what you did.

Releasing it's wrist you let yourself go limb, accepting your punishment. The creature opened its jaws wide. All your eyes caved in was the darkness of its mouth.

So suddenly did everything go so dark.

Slime grew quickly around your body. Hands gripped on the creatures throat making it shut it's mouth. Gripping on its wrist pulling it away from your neck.

"She Is Mine!"

Felt like a dream, you became something else.

Capable of fighting back and run away

Laying in bed hugging the pillow close to your body. The sun shines through the curtains making you moan annoyed. A long black slimed tentacle grew toward the screen. Twisting the tilt wand of the blind. The slats shut away the sun from your room.

Stretching stiffly in your bed you turned over to the other side feeling so comfortable. The sheets rose up higher to your shoulder. Slowly opening your eyes to focus on the time.

Looking over to the lower part of your bed and over your shoulder. No one is in the room. Did freaking Casper decide to be nice?

Yawning you sat up stretching.