Part 1

Electricity humms a quiet tune from the hall. The soft melody reminds me of the times before -what I took for granted.The window is a single pane, not attractively so and the glass, though mostly clear, is as thick as a beer bottle with each rectangle no bigger than a small notebook. The metal surrounding the small pane is old and rusty. The kind they'd throw in 15, maybe 20 years ago. The lights stay on, and the door stays shut unless there's a mission. I see no point in leaving. Outside my small window was no nature, no world, no friends-not that I need them. Just a long hall of wires connecting to flickering lights above, and cement walls.

Beggars can't be choosers.

I walk up to the window and gaze at my faded reflection. Once upon a time I thought myself to be beautiful, until everything came crashing down. No one wants a monster.                                 

My eyes became a dull purple-due to jutsu. I can't stand having the same eyes as my family-they held no childish gleam, nor signs of hope. I knew what had become of the world-humanity since I was young. Either you're beautiful or your not. Sometimes I wonder if the world had changed, if my parents have changed, my supposed friends: if I would be accepted now that I'm beautiful. I've changed from the weak little girl I was, I've looked death straight in the eye and grinned. It's all a part of my plan to make the world beautiful.

Soft footsteps reverberate throughout the hall. First ringing like soothing church bells, then, as the figure advances, sounding like the booming heart of a condemned prisoner-the echo seemingly engulfing the small area. A smirk laces my features enhancing the small cracks on my dry lips. I lick my lips. A low  chuckle rumbles from my throat as I dig my nails into the wall. 

"A mission?" I ask leaning against the frame of the door. 

"Yes," the figure opens my door and steps in, "It's time to go paint some houses."  I raise my eyebrow.

"You mean, it's time to make the houses beautiful" I smirk.

"You can't forget about the people inside," the voice chuckles evilly.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                     "Do you feel beautiful yet?"  

                                                                        Slice.