-o 15 o- || daydream.

-JUNGKOOK POV-

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"Jimin?" The figure standing in front of me was the person I never thought I would see again. It's like there was nothing left of the world except for me and him. Bright white light surrounding us but my main focus was still on the petite body in front of me.

"Jungkook." Jimin smiles walking closer to me.

"Jimin...I-..I-m sorry." I took the chance to apologize to the person I helped hurt. Jimin didn't change though he just keeps walking towards me.

I tried to run for him but didn't move an inch once I realize there's glass in front of me. I looked around again. This time I see a box tightly enclosed around me. I look back towards Jimin but he's still the same. "Jimin?" I was confused. He looked so robotic.

"Jungkook." He repeats in the exact same tone as before. I was already panicked but what raised the bar was the abrupt noise that overtook me. Right when it started, Jimin stopped. I look at him confused before turning my body around in all directions trying to find where the sound was coming from. I look above me and find a tunnel running into the ceiling with a lid on the box's ceiling. Suddenly water came rushing down. I stared at it with doe eyes watching the water sit above the lid waiting to come crashing down on me. I couldn't get my eyes off it.

"Jimin." I say still looking at the water but hearing his footsteps edge towards the box. I hear his hand against the box and that's when the water let out all it's pressure. The lid opens. I move out of the way finally able to get my eyes off but the water just kept filling the box more and more by the second.

I look at Jimin as he looks at me. He places his second hand on the glass beside his original hand and the water comes in faster.

"I'm drowning." I think but I just kept looking at Jimin as I float. The water almost reaches the top when I decide to dive into the water to get closer to Jimin.

Bubbles start to come out of my mouth and I feel light headed. I try to look away from Jimin but everything else turned from a bright white to a midnight black.

As I'm ready to take my last breaths Jimin's smile fades. He takes both his hands off the glass resting them to his side. I expect the water to go back up into the tunnel and for the lid to close again, but it doesn't. Instead, Jimin raises one hand, softly and slowly taps the glass.

Everything breaks.

The water spills out.

Jimin's soaked.

The glass breaks.

Jimin's bleeding.

I'm free but Jimin's hurt.

I run towards him. I hug him, with emotions I haven't felt since early childhood. Nostalgia takes a toll on me but fills my body with warmness even after drowning in the cold water.

His arms don't move. When I step out of the hug his smile is spread across his face again. Eye crinkles and all. I was confused, he was hurt but he still smiled. "Why?"

Jimin shakes my shoulder as to wake me abruptly before running to where I once was in the box. When I walk toward him again I realize now that he's in the box. His smile still prominent on his perfect face.

I tap the glass with one finger but nothing happens.

"No effect without a cause." Jimin whispers. That's the most he's said since being trapped in this empty but small void. I take his words and place one hand then the other on the glass box. The water comes rushing in again. The actions happen all over again except Jimin doesn't come down to see me. I try to tap the glass again but it didn't work like before. I panic.

"Jimin, you have to come down here. You have to trust me!" I yelled staring into his eyes. He shook his head. My heart dropped.

"Jungkook." He whispers again.

"Jimin, please." I yell back with a crack in my voice.

"Jungkook." He raises his voice still staring at me.

"Just come down here, Jimin! You're going to die."

Jimin stays in place floating above the water. I just now notice the water stopped. I stare at Jimin with expectancy blazed in my eyes. Jimin takes a deep breath but he doesn't go under water towards me. Instead,

"JUNGKOOK!" He screams. The audio pushes me over into the ground. It makes the void shake. It knocks me out.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

I open my eyes looking at Hoseok above my face.

"Hey, kid. I've been trying to wake you." Hoseok gently says before sitting on the edge of my bed beside me. I look at the clock on the wall. It's only been an hour since Jin brung me breakfast. Then why did the dream feel like eternity? "What's wrong, you look more upset than usual." I change my gaze back to Hoseok who's looking at me with a fatherly concern.

"You seem more stable than usual." I say the first thing that comes to my head but that's not what I expected. He chuckled and shrugs.

"Change of meds. What's up with you?" He turns back on me. I remember the dream that I just had, so lividly it felt like real life but slower and faster at the same time.

Before I know it im spilling out. "Jimin makes me feel things I haven't felt since my childhood. He creates new foreign feelings I've never felt in a long time. So long I can barely remember. You hyung's aren't stupid, you knew the moment I stepped through that door that I was nothing but lies." I look down at my lap not able to hold eye contact with Hoseok. "Lies don't affect me. I say them and they leave my mind. But with Jimin, they stayed. They're still here after months. Why? Why do I feel this way? Am I still human, hyung? Or am I trying too hard to be one?" Hoseok doesn't answer the questions. He just stares at me, listening intently. "I don't know." I answer myself. "But when I say that I felt emotions from Jimin, I know that it's true. The one thing that is true in my life. One of the only words that have come out of my mouth that are true. I just need someone to believe me." I look back up at Hoseok in despair.

Silence.

"No." Hoseok finally says.

The room turns more silent than before.

I accept his response. I mean, I do understand. It's hard to believe someone who constantly lies. It's so much easier to push away everything they say instead of picking apart their words and becoming Mr. Detective.

Hoseok gets up from the bed walking towards the door. "Your time is up. Time to come out and eat something, maknae."

I nod even though he has his back turned to me. Hoseok opens the door ready to step out.

'I just ask, hyung." I start off hoping he would delay his leave. He turns his head towards his shoulder to show that he's listening. "At the worst, keep it in mind." Hoseok doesn't nod or shake his head he just looks straight ahead again and let's the door close behind him.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

hello! I'm happy to be updating again, hehe! I hope you guys still like this book! :) I have a lot of drafts for book ideas but I want to focus on this book and starving for love. so that's what ima do☺️
more updates coming soon so stay tuned! until then, au revoir!

-mingi

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆