Chapter 6

3rd-person POV
"Y... OU... SEE..... ME?" The monster asked as it looked at the two.

   After realizing that a monster was in front of them, the two looked in shock as the monster shot what was supposed to be an arm at Hyun. It happened extremely fast, the monster using its arm to pull his body into the room.

   Taking (y/n) just a second before she ran after her friend. "Hyun!" She called as she ran after the boy, who was now suffocating in the substance the monster was made out of. Hyun tried holding his breath but due to the fact that he was suspended into the air and was also struggling, he let go of his breath.

   Trying to save her colleague, she ran towards the body of the monster, and knowing that Hyun's knife would probably do no good, she pulled out her flamethrower, turned on the gas, and fired at the monster's direction. The monster fell back a bit, and decided to throw Hyun across the room.

   "ARGH!!!" Hyun grunted as he collided with the hall, and collapsed onto the floor. Coughing while taking in deep breaths. Hyun glared at the monster as he watched (y/n) aim her weapon at the transparent life form. Hyun got up after his fall, and raised his weapon.

   "Where... are they?..." (y/n) asked, her glare aimed at the back of the monster's head as it turned to look at her. Even so, Hyun's glare never left his face as he looked at the strange monster. "..." It didn't reply.

   Hyun clenched his teeth, his hands gripping his weapon tight. As the monster readied it's attack on his companion, he got its attention. "Tell me..." Hyun said as the monster turned back to look at him.

   "WHAT THE HELL! DID YOU DO TO THEM!!!" Hyun asked, even more aggravated as the monster continued to blankly stare at him. It took a step towards the struggling 18 year old. "Don't... move..." (y/n) said sternly from behind.

   "Stay. Away from him... or else..." She said as she readied her flamethrower once more for another round.

   As she stepped closer to it, the thing moved back, and before she could pull the trigger, the monsters body deformed, stretching towards the ceiling as it quickly escaped from the tiny crack outside the door. Dodging the woman with the flamethrower as fast as possible.

   "What the..." Hyun said aloud as he watched the monsters escape. "Did it... Did it run away?" Hyun asked, out of breath as (y/n) went to check. "Yeah..." She confirmed as she closed the door quietly.

   Once that was done, she made her way over to Hyun. "You okay? That thing threw you pretty hard." (y/n) said to him as he nodded. "Yeah I'm okay. Are you?" He asked. "For now at least." She replied as she looked around the room.

   "Hyun... the kids aren't here..." She whispered. And before anyone could panic, they heard a door creaking. They look over to the side to see that it was a closet door, and when (y/n) went to check, she saw the two children they were looking for.

   "You're okay..." (y/n) said gleefully as they saw the terrified look on their faces.

~ Timeskip ~

   After everything calmed down, the four sat down to just chat. Taking the kids minds off of the monsters and such. "So... your mom's in Seoul?" Hyun asked as the children responded with a nod.

   "And you came to see your dad without your mother's permission?" (y/n) asked as they nodded again. "Yeah..." The older little girl responded, a bit of shame lacing her words as she spoke.

   Hyun sighed, and looked around the room as (y/n) sat there, not knowing what to do but to just sit by the kids and comfort them.

   Then all of a sudden... "Please save my daddy!" The younger little boy pleaded with the young adults, catching their attention. "What?" Hyun asked as the boy continued. "Daddy fell down... because of the monster..." The boy said.

   The two adults brought their heads down, remembering the moment when their father had plummeted over ten floors to his death. "Yeah... we know." Hyun said. "Well... Maybe he's still alive! Just maybe!" The young boy persisted.

   The two felt the weight of the boy with too much hope. (y/n) didn't have the guts to tell him the truth. However, Hyun was the opposite. "No one could survive a fall like that." Hyun told them, both siblings crying into each other's arms.

   Hyun continued. "Your dad is dead... you should just accept it and move on." Hyun told them as they continued to cry. He suddenly felt an elbow to his arm. "Hyun... they're just kids." She whispered to him. "Sorry... I find kids to be a bit annoying..." Hyun admitted.

   "That's okay... Just be nicer next time." (y/n) told him, her hands resting on his shoulder before moving over to the kids. "I-is i-it true?" The sister asked. "Is d-daddy r-really done forever?" The girl asked. (y/n) sighed.

   "Yeah... sadly he is..." She told them, more tears welling up in the children's eyes. "I know that no one can replace your dad, but I do know this one man..." (y/n) said as the children look up at her with tears in their eyes.

   "He has a lot of food, and he can protect you since he makes weapons." (y/n) told them, the kids cries stopped, but the kids did hiccup a few times. Hyun looked at (y/n), then back at the kids.

   "You two must be hungry. Right?" Hyun asked as they nodded. "You two don't wanna live here all alone. Right?" The two nodded again. Hyun let out a sigh of relief. "Good." Hyun started.

   "From here on out, until he make it to the guy's apartment, we'll be walking through the halls, where the monsters are." Hyun told them. "Are you two ready?" Hyun asked them, but got no response this time. "..." Hyun waited.

   "... How old are you two?" (y/n) asked as the girl spoke. "I'm 9 years old. My name is Sook. He is my brother Yeong. He's 6 years old." Sook explained. Hyun smiled. "Perfect age to fight monsters!" He said jokingly.

   "Don't worry. I'll protect you." Hyun said. (y/n) smiled. She couldn't help it. 'He listened to me.' He started treating the kids a bit better. 'I'm proud of him.' (y/n) thought as the children nodded.

~ Short Timeskip ~

   Later on, as he got ready, Hyun went to explain to the kids that the elevators weren't working, that they had to take the stairs, that monsters are sensitive to sound, and that they should be quiet in the halls.

   "You two got all of that?" (y/n) asked to confirm as the kids nodded. "You guys ready?" Hyun asked as they nodded again."Yes!" They said. "Alright, lets go." Hyun said as he opened the door.

   "You go ahead. I'll stay behind to watch the kids." (y/n) whispered to Hyun as he nodded. Hyun snuck out first, the sounds of the extremely built monster still close by. "Go on Sook." (y/n) whispered as the girl followed Hyun.

   "Your turn Yeong." (y/n) urged, but the boy didn't move. "Are you scared?" (y/n) asked as the boy nodded. "That's okay. I'll hold your hand. But remember, there's no need to be afraid. You have me and Hyun, got it?" She told him as he nodded, and led him by the hand to the stairway door.

   When the kids made it to the stairways, Hyun stayed by the door, scouting while (y/n) stayed beside the kids. "Look at you... you're at it again..." The same voice said as (y/n) furrowed her eyebrows. "No need to be afraid... that must be a joke..." The voice taunted.

   The group was now walking up the stairs, however, the voice continued to speak. "You think your a good person! Haha ha... Hahahaha... AHAHAHHA!!!!!" The voice laughed as it mocked the 20 year old.

"I think I've done it... I know what you want now..." It said as (y/n) was walking up the stairs with the group. Suddenly, she smelt blood, and touched her face to see that she was having a bloody nose.

"I KNOW WHAT YOUR DESIRE IS..."
___________________________
Hello everyone! I have written one of these messages in a while, but I just wanted to tell you all that I'm feeling great. There was nothing wrong, I'm just telling y'all, and hoping that you guys also had a great day.

I'm gonna stop apologizing for the hiatus since I apologize for it too much, and that would get annoying, so from here on out, even if their is hiatus, know that I'm still writing and editing.

Thank for reading as well. Love y'all!
- Kay