Chapter 18

3rd-person POV
The two waited for Hyun to respond after what he said, but he said nothing. "..." "What was what?" Wook asked as Hyun shook his head. "... I-it's nothing..." He replied. Then, suddenly, both Wook and (y/n) heard it.

BEEP

BEEP

BEEEEEEEEEEP

"Oh shit." (y/n) cursed as Wook walked ahead. "Wait here." He whispered. "Did you hear it?" He asked, looking at (y/n) as she nodded. "Get ready." He told the two. Then they noticed something.

"Wook, the frequency isn't changing." She informed as he began to think. "It must be standing still then." He replied. "Let's head upstairs." Hyun suggested as they made their way up another flight of stairs.

They approached the fifth floor when Wook held up an arm, signaling everyone to stop as they acted accordingly. "You hear that?" (y/n) asked. Wook nodded. "The monster is probably on the fifth floor." He said.

"The signal is going crazy here." Wook said. "Can't we just ignore it and move on?" Hyun asked. "No, lets get it." Wook said. "You can't be serious." Hyun retaliated as Wook turned to him.

"My personal goal is to wipe out all of the monsters inside this building." Wook informed the two. "You must have ten lives." Hyun said as Wook pulled out a bottle. "We should go. Beside, we missed it last time trying to save you. There could be some supplies that we missed." Wook said.

"He has a point." (y/n) said as Wook nodded, and held the door handle. "Could it really be more useful than our lives?" Hyun asked as the room fell silent. "... I'm opening the door..." Wook said.

"You two go right. I'll go left." He said. "You guys ready?" He asked as the two nodded. The door creaked as it opened, and once it did, the three pulled out there weapons, and held up their fists.

Nothing.

"I don't see anything..." (y/n) whispered to the two as Hyun quietly sighed a sigh of relief. "Go check the hallway." Wook whispered as they peaked around the corner, Wook doing the same on the opposite side of the hall.

As the young adults peaked around the hall, they were shocked at what they saw. "Nothing over here. What about you two?" Wook whispered, but turned around only to see the two of them tensed as hell.

"Hey, what is it?" He whispered as he made his way over to them. But unlike them, he didn't see anything. "What's the matter?" He asked the two.

(y/n), who was covering her mouth in order to avoid making noise, pointed. Her hand aiming at the upper part of the wall that lead to a connecting hallway. "Over there." Hyun whispered.

"What the hell is that?" (y/n) whispered as the three felt an overwhelming fear wash over them.

SSK

(y/n), already terrified, began to feel paranoid as she turned to see another pair of hands. Wook noticed her ghostly expression, and turned around, only to see nothing. "Are we really going to do this?" Hyun asked.

"Of course we are." Wook said, nervous as he crouched down to (y/n)'s level. "Hey, (y/n). You alright?" He whispered, Hyun turning his attention on the young woman. She gestures the two to be quiet as her finger then slowly pointed upwards, right behind the man.

The two look behind them, and were shocked to see an elongated hand reaching towards them. Wook grabbed (y/n), getting out of the way, but didn't get a good hold on Hyun as the young man confronted the disembodied arm.