Chapter 11

~ Later That Night ~

3rd-person POV
   Everyone in the apartment was asleep. Silence filled the room, and only one person was fully awake. (y/n) slept on the couch, and was having trouble sleeping. She didn't wake up completely until the same daunting voice returned.

   "(y/n)~..." The voice spoke, (y/n)'s eyebrows furrowed as she slept. "(y/n)~... Just warning you... THERE'S ALWAYS SOMEONE YOU CAN'T TRUST..." The voice spoke loudly, and (y/n)'s eyes shot open.

   She blinked a few times, and slowly turned to look into the direction of the door, only to see the silliest ye of the girl hovering ominously over Hyun, her bat in hand. (y/n)'s eyes widened as Hyun woke up.

   Hyun saw the girl's figure looming over him, and screamed in surprise. "Argh!!" The girl showed no reaction as she responded. "What are you so surprised? It's your turn." She told Hyun as he looked back at her confused.

   At this point (y/n) was fully awake, just watching them interact from her safe haven of the couch. "Sorry?" Hyun asked, confused as the girl looked at him, almost unimpressed. "It's your turn... to stand guard..." She told him.

   Hyun looked at the girl for a few seconds before finally taking in the information. "Oh." Was all he said as (y/n) began to chuckle, surprising the two. "Real smooth Hyun."

~ Timeskip ~

   The three young adults were now fully awake, and (y/n) now migrated to sit between the kids and Jayhun. (y/n) listened as the kids cried in their sleep, Yeong quietly weeping about his father. "... daddy..." He whimpered as (y/n) rubbed his head, trying to sooth him as he slept.

   "Those are some great survival instincts." The girl complimented the kids as the other two listened. "I can't believe they learned how to sleep so peacefully in a situation like this." She said.

   "I wouldn't say peaceful. But it's definitely remarkable that they are able to sleep so quietly." (y/n) added on as the girl smiled, looking at the kids, then back to the other two.

   "Ain't that right. I'm Jisu Yoon by the way. I'm 20 years old." Jisu introduced yourself. "Nice to meet you Jisu. I'm (y/n) (l/n). I'm also 20 years old." (y/n) said as she walked and sat adjacent to the other two.

The two then turned to look at Hyun, making him nervous. "Are you usually this quiet? You're making me feel embarrassed." Jisu told him as Hyun shot up. "No no! I didn- I mean I was just-..." He stuttered as the two girls looked at him.

"I'm Hyun Cha, 18 years old." He told Jisu as she looked away, and sighed. "18 years old... tough time..." She said. "Is it?..." Hyun responded as (y/n) looked at the two, than back into the room with the others.

"I'm sorry... to both of you." Jisu admitted as the two look at her. "For what?" (y/n) asked. "F-for making assumptions when I learned that you two were infected." Jisu said as Hyun responded for the two. "It's fine, you already apologized." He said.

"I just keep having the same thought over and over again. Why do you guys think I'm not sleeping even though I'm not guarding anymore?" Jisu asked them as they looked at her, who began to calm down. "I see." Hyun responded.

"I understand... I have those thoughts too." (y/n) replied as Jisu looked at her. "What-" Jisu started, getting (y/n)'s and Hyun's attention. "What does it feel like going through the monsterization process?" She asked the two.

"I don't know..." Hyun started as he began to explain in his own words. "It feels like something is trying to attack me. Trying to control me. I feel like if I let my guard down, it'll take over... I've resisted it once, but who knows if I'll be able to do that again..." Hyun said.