Chapter 19

Warning: Domestic Abuse. Gore.

Also this chapter will be extra long because of filler. Hope you guys don't mind.
___________________________
3rd-person POV
She raised her hand towards the handle, her fingers shaking as she opened it a crack. (y/n) peaked through the small entry into the closet, and what she saw brought back, terrible, and horrifying memories.

   Her breath hitched as she saw what she feared, and suspected the most. A dead body. Motionless. Rotting. Decaying. The door closed shut as (y/n) stumbled back, but quickly regained her footing as she covered her mouth, in an attempt to prevent herself from dry heaving.

Images of her mother, as well as traumatic memories flooded her mind as she continued to stare at the closet with fear in her eyes.

~ Flashback ~

3rd-person POV
It was a couple years back. (y/n) was 18, almost 19 years old, and Hanjae was 12 years old. It was around this time that their parents were still round. Even then, (y/n) still had to be the adult.

   Since she took up self defense, she was able to not only defend her brother and herself against bullies, but also her family against their abuser. Her father. The man she hated the most. However, unlike most domestic abusers, he rarely drank.

   In fact, he hated it. The only time he would ever touch a beer bottle was if he wanted to chuck it at his wife, or at his kids. The only motive for his abusive tendencies, was his temper. He had an extremely short temper, and would get upset, and angered easily.

   The only way he took out his frustration, was with his words, and his fists. Constantly ridiculing his family about how their worthless, and beating his wife and children senseless, over something trivial.

   The man couldn't control his actions. Not ever. Especially on that day.

   The day his kids would lose everything.

   That day, (y/n) had to pick Hanjae up from elementary. She pulled up to the school, and waited until she saw him. Once she saw his teacher, along with him and his classmates, she made her way over to meet him.

   "Hanjae!" She called as the boys head turned to look at her. "(y/n)!" Hanjae called back as (y/n) walked over to him, and hugged him. "How was your day!" She asked cheerfully as her little brother smiled.

   "Good!" He cheered. "Everyone treating you... well?" She asked the young boy. "Yeah! A lot better!" He smiled. (y/n) smiled a sad smile as she remembered his previous school. Letting it pass her mind, she ruffled Hanjae's hair.

   (y/n) then held the boy's hand as the two began to walk towards the car. "That's good to hear. Now let's head home. Our parents should be waiting for us." She said as his smile dropped, nodding as she hugged him tightly.

   "Just... stay behind me." She said as she hugged him. She felt his small arms wrap around her in a hug as he nodded. As she let go, she kissed the 12 year old on the four head, and gave him a sad smile.

   "Everything will be alright." (y/n) said, reaching the car. "Don't worry, I can cook your favorite, and maybe we can head to the park." She said happily as Hanjae smiled. "Yay!" He cheered as he hugged his sister. "Thanks (y/n)! I love you!!!" He smiled.

   (y/n) smiled, and petting his head as she placed the young boy into the car, kissing his forehead as he giggled. "Stooop!~" He whined as (y/n) laughed. "Whatever. I love you too." She said as she closed the door, got in the car, and began to drive home.

~ Timeskip ~

Once they got home, (y/n) got Hanjae out of the car, and carefully led him to the front door. Taking off his shoes for him, she unlocked the door, and let Hanjae inside of the home first as she began to take off her own shoes.