Chapter 16

~ Short Timeksip ~

3rd-person POV
The two finally made it to Hyun's room, where he slept soundly. (y/n) let out a loud sigh of relief, knowing that the young man was alright. Hyuk laughed in response. "He's still asleep." Hyuk noted.

"Shouldn't be too long before he wakes up. We should let him rest." Hyuk told (y/n). "Until he wakes up, wanna wait in your room?" Hyuk asked as the young woman nodded.

The two made their way to the empty room, and quietly sat down on the bed. With nothing to do, they decided to chat.

"Hey Hyuk?" (y/n) asked in a soft tone as the young man looked at her. "Yeah?" "How old are you?" She asked. Hyuk nervously chuckled. "I'm 18. Why?" He asked her as she shrugged.

"I can tell you're the one making a lot of the decisions in Green Home, yet you seem so young." (y/n) told him.

   Hyuk laughed. "Is that a bad thing?" He asked. "N-no no! That's not what I meant!" She dismissed, a bit embarrassed as her face began to heat up a little. "It's just unexpected... i-is all..." She said as Hyuk smiled.

   "It's fine. I get it. It's not everyday you meet a great young strategist like me." Hyuk said jokingly, making (y/n) smile before laughing. Her mood instantly improving as Hyuk sported a wide goofy grin, proud that he made her smile after what had happened.

Hyuk even began to chuckle as the two talked. "I can't believe you're the strategist here." (y/n) said. "What did you do before monsterization broke out?" (y/n) asked.

Hyuk laughed at her curiosity. "Curious are we?~" He asked her, smirking as (y/n)'s face flushed while laughing in response. "Shut up, I'm bored!" She told him as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I didn't do anything special. I did like playing video games." He told her.

"Like a nerd?" (y/n) asked as he chuckled. Hyuk laughed. "I guess. What about you?" He asked as she sighed. "I was gonna go to school for engineering." She replied. "Really?!" He asked, smiling.

(y/n) smiled and laughed as the two continue to talk.

~ Short Timeskip ~

It was remarkable how well the two got along, even though the two are still technically strangers. It was a few minutes since they left Hyun's room, but it was enough for the two to become acquainted, maybe even befriended.

   Hyuk after a bit, turned to look at (y/n). "Hey. Wanna check on your friend now? Should be waking up soon." Hyuk informed as (y/n) nodded. Hyuk nodded as he grabbed her hand once more as he lead her to the young man's room.

   She giggled. "You know you don't have to hold my hand, right?" She smiled. "Oh I know, I just feel like it." Hyuk smiled back as (y/n) shook her head while chuckling.

~ Short Timeksip ~

   They make it, and once they closed the door and enter the room, Hyun begins to stir. 'Hyun!' (y/n) thought as she panicked. "Is he alright? It looks like he's having a nightmare..." She told Hyuk, worry in her voice as Hyuk furrowed his eyebrows.

"Honestly, I'm not sure..." He told her as (y/n) went to hold the sides of Hyun's face, her thumbs gently rubbing his cheek as he seemed to calm down. '... Must be nice...' Hyuk thought, almost enviously, but still smiled as (y/n) stopped panicking.

After (y/n) calmed down and let go of the young man, the two young adults sat on the bed beside Hyun, waiting for him to wake up, which didn't take long. He groaned as he opened his eyes.

The two beside him smiled as he turned to look at him. "I'm back."

~ Timeskip ~

   Just like (y/n), Hyun was also interrogated, and with just a few questions, the questioning was done. Hyuk then got up, and left quickly. "Hey (y/n). I'll be right back, I'll leave you two to talk." Hyuk said, a hand on (y/n)'s shoulders.

   "Alright. See you later." (y/n) smiled, waving a Hyuk waved back.

   She then turned to Hyun and hugged him. "Ah I'm so glad you okay!" She smiled as he gently held her arms that gently embraced his neck. He chuckled at her behavior... Then, he suddenly remembered.

   "W-wait ah- a-are you alright?" He asked nervously, worry in his voice as (y/n) let go of the young man. "What do you mean?" She asked him. "I remember that monster. It hit you first. You bled and past out. Are you alright?" He asked.

   (y/n) smiled a loving smile as she gave home a side hug. "I'm alright. I'm not in pain. Nothings hurts. No need to worry." She said as Hyun let out a big sigh of relief. "Speaking of worry, are you alright?" She asked him as his head shot up.

   "Me? Why?" He asked, confused. "I don't know, I went to check up on you earlier, and you were stirring in your sleep. I thought you were having a nightmare." She told him as he bowed his head. "Oh, that... Y-yeah... I-it was just a nightmare..." He lied.

   "Good to know." (y/n) said, holding his hand. Although he felt bad for lying, Hyun couldn't help but smile at her touch.

   Then, there was a knock at the door. "I'll go get it." She said as she got up, and opened the door. "Oh, Hyuk." "Hey (y/n). Just wanted to see if Hyun wanted a tour of Greenhome." Hyuk smiled as she did the same in return. "Alright." She replied.

   "Hyun?" She called as the young man got up, and walked to the door. Both young men stood in front of each other. Looking at each other. Not saying a word. (y/n) became nervous as she felt a sort of tension between them, and didn't know why.

   "Uhh..." Was all she managed to mutter as Hyuk spoke once more. "So. Want that tour now?" Hyuk smiled as Hyun relaxed, and replied. "Sure." He said as he began to follow Hyuk out to the lobby.

   (y/n) walked out of the room, closing the door behind them. 'What was that?' (y/n) thought as she walked out of the room, closing the door behind her as she watched the two walk away.

   She must've looked a bit perplexed, since Jayhun walked over and gave her a reassuring side hug.

"What wrong?" He sort of chuckled as (y/n) gave him a nervous smile, dismissing his question. "I'm okay. Nothing's wrong." She told him, and then looked back at the two young men from a distance.

   Jayhun chuckled. "Don't worry about them." Jayhun began as (y/n) turned to look at him. "You'll see him again at tonight's meeting." He said.

"Meeting?"
___________________________
Hey everyone! This one is gonna be a bit short compared to the other chapters, but I just want enough time to establish a friendship with you and Hyuk, and well as a rivalry between Hyuk and Hyun.

Hopefully you guys enjoy! Can't wait to write the next chapter!

See you guys! Love ya!
- Kay