Chapter 14

3rd-person POV
   "The prosecution would like to call up Hanjae (l/n) to the stand." The prosecutor said. "What?!" (y/n) asked, as she quickly whipped her head around. Then she noticed him.

There, appeared the small, young teenage boy (y/n) knew as her brother, who she grew to love so much over the years.

However. He stumbled as he walked, and even with his blind stick assisting him, he had someone beside him helping him up to the stand. She looked at Hanjae in the eyes, and recognized the glazed pupils.

'N-no... No!... I COULDN'T HAVE HURT HIM! PLEASE GOD NO!!!' (y/n) cried, and whimpered as Hanjae heard her, his glazed eyes stared back at her, in pain and sorrow.

Overcome with emotion, (y/n) stood up to speak to him. "Please... no..." (y/n) muttered, and looked up, wanting nothing more than to cradle the young boy in her arms.

"Hanjae-" (y/n) spoke, but the booming of the gavel interrupted her.

   "Ms. (l/n). This is a time for the witness to speak. Not the defendant. You are to sit down, and let him speak his side of the story. Or else I'm dismissing you from the courtroom." The judge ordered as she reluctantly sat back down.

(y/n) whimpered again. 'He can't be alive... He turned... I saw him-' She nearly finished the thought, but stopped before looking at her dear brother. '...' "The prosecution may continue." The judge said as the prosecution began to ask their questions.

   "Mr. (l/n). Do you remember the day that the defendant, Ms. (l/n), attacked you?" The prosecutor asked the young boy, as Hanjae began to hesitate. "U-um..." He stuttered, but the jury was patient.

   "I-I... I-I h-had j-just woken u-up..." Hanjae started, getting the whole room's attention. "S-she... S-she pulled m-me really h-hard on the a-arm... A-and d-dragged m-me towards the k-kitchen..." Hanjae stuttered, crying as he remembered the trauma.

"... I-I... I-I a-asked her... what was s-she d-doing... A-and s-she k-kept telling m-me t-that I-I w-was... that I-I was a-a m-monster..... A-nd that s-she needed to k-kill me....." Hanjae then began to cry.

   No one spoke, out of respect for the young boy, who was scarred, traumatized, and now must relive his trauma in order to tell his story. (y/n) did the same. Not wanting to talk, or even make a sound.

   She just wanted to listen. Just to listen to her little brother... like she should've. "....... A-and... A-and that's when s-she got into the c-cabinets... A-and pulled out the b-bottle of d-drain c-cleaner." Hanjae said, taking in deep breaths to calm himself down as he spoke.

   "S-she opened the bottle... A-and before I k-knew it..... S-she s-splashes it i-into my f-face... A-a l-lot of it got i-into m-my eyes... N-now I c-can h-hardly s-see." Hanjae finished as the court gave him time to calm down.

"Well Ms. (l/n)? You heard the young man. You violated his trust in you as his older sister, and used that to your advantage in order to hurt him. What do you have to say for yourself? What do you plead?" The judge asked.

"I-I... I-I don't know what to say. I can't believe that I did that. I love my brother. I really do. I would never hurt him." She told the judge as she turned to Hanjae.

"Hanjae, please believe me. I wouldn't never intend to hurt you. I can't remember, but if what you say true, please believe me when I say that I wasn't there that day." She told him.

She begged and cried, and she could see the hurt in the young boy's eyes. "Come on buddy. You know I wouldn't do that to you. I love you too much to hurt you." She cried.