Chapter 7

Ooooo yes I love hiatus. Man I really need to work on time management.
___________________________
3rd-person POV
(y/n) stared at the blood on her hand, and started to lose control of herself as her eyes turn red, her skin becoming covered in veins, and stumbling alongside uncontrollable twitching.

   "What's wrong?" Yeong asked. "A-are you guys okay?" Sook questioned as the two adults found support of the wall or the stair railings.

"Get... away... from me!" Hyun yelled. (y/n) saw that she was in the same state as Hyun, and didn't want the kids to be in danger. "Go... it's too dangerous... to be near us..." She told them as her eyes dilated. "But-" Sook was cut off as she was met with angry looks.

"HURRY!" Hyun yelled. "Go! NOW! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!" (y/n) warned them, but they froze. They stayed there. Ultimately risking their lives by remaining alongside their saviors. "This is what you wanted, wasn't it?" The voice asked as the children looked at the two struggling adults.

"They are much like that brother of yours, no?..." The voice persisted. "Young... dependent..... easy targets..." She looked up at the kids, and much like Hyun's, her vision started to cloud red.

"You wanted to be a leader. The one weak people look up to... The one they put on a pedestal." The voice said as (y/n) fell over.

   "You just wanted to be the best of the worst... to be an unbeatable force... what a selfish desire..." (y/n) was still in her head, and finally came face to face with this parasite. "N-no... That's not-"

"However... I need to hear it from you first..." It said as (y/n) looked to face it. It's tumorous body latched onto her somewhere, and it's multiple eyes gazing at her. "Tell me... What is it that you want?"

The parasite waited for the woman's answer, though all it got was silence. "... I'm not telling you shit..." She responded sternly. "I haven't turned yet and I'm not going to turn now. You can try, but I'll fight back, and I'm not giving in..." (y/n) said, glaring at the disease in the eyes as it chuckled.

   "I know you already know... don't fucking try to test me..."

"..... Fiesty... Alright... Challenge accepted..." (y/n) came to. She was looking down at the stairs. She raised her head, and saw that the kids were still there. "!!!" The kids were only shocked when they saw the woman looking like her normal self.

"I'll see you soon... (y/n) (l/n)..." The voice said as it left. (y/n) felt tugging on her sleeve, and saw Sook. "Are you okay?..." She asked with a worried face. "Huh? Oh- Y-Yeah, Yeah... I'm okay..." She said, holding her head. She turned to Hyun, and saw that he too was slowly recovering.

"Hyun, you doing okay?" (y/n) said, a bit more quiet then she would've wanted. He stayed hunched over, but responded none the less. "Y-Yeah... I-I'm... I'm fine....." He said as he took in huge breaths.

(y/n) made her way over to Hyun, and despite being worn out and a bit shaken like Hyun, she supported him with his arm over her shoulder. "Thanks..." Hyun mumbled as (y/n) nodded. "No problem." She replied.

As the three walked up the stairs, they looked up to see Yeong, a fearful look in his eyes. "Are you guys turning into monsters?" He asked, ears brimming his eyes. "Not yet." Hyun said confidently as the children gave him a hopeful smile.

"We'll still be human for as long as you guys are around. Now come on, we got somewhere to be." (y/n) told them as they all nodded. Then suddenly...

STOMP

They hear heavy footsteps on the opposite side of the wall. The heavy footsteps slowly approaching the staircase door. Finally, they stop. They stop directly in front of the door. Silence floods the room as the two adults anticipated the worst.