Well This is Fine

Sombra, your surprise guest, was still sitting in your home as you left to think of your current situation. Before leaving, you expressly told him not to break anything. Frankly, this wasn't the best idea, but you just brought someone back from a fragment of their being, so your judgement wasn't the clearest...

    You walked around Ponyville, watching the ponies go about their lives as if you hadn't just done something that shouldn't have been done. You stopped in front of the Golden Oak Library, thinking books would be the best way to calm yourself. You waved a quick hello to Twilight as you browsed.

    Knowing she knew just about everything, you meekly asked Twilight," Have you ever heard of a pony called Sombra?" There was silence, and when you glanced over, Twilight was giving you a strange look. "What?", you pawed the ground nervously. Her staring was making you feel uncomfortable.

    "Honestly, how could you not know who King Sombra is after you just came back from the Crystal Empire?" Her tone, though nice, still stung. Apparently, he was a king. That's a good life. "Could you tell me about him? I was really there for the sights and not the history..." Twilight rolled her eyes and sat down.

    "King Sombra ruled over the Crystal Empire over a thousand years ago. He was a tyrant, instilling fear in all of his subjects. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna sealed him away once, and he hid the empire during that period. Then, once the empire returned, he did too. At least, until we defeated him for good.... Any particular reason for asking?"

   You stifled a gasp. There was no way the guy in your home could be the same as this iron-fisted fearmonger! "Oh, um, he just popped up while I was leaving to come back and I was curious. That's all." You avoided looking Twilight in the eye, knowing what evil you may have possibly unleashed. "I-I have some things left to do at home! Bye!" You rushed away, leaving a confused unicorn behind.

    You burst into your home, expecting something to be on fire or some other catastrophe, but all was well. The supposed 'evil' king was still waiting patiently for your return. It was very sweet of him to not even wander about the house while you were out. But, the are other things to do! You beckoned for him to come shake your hoof. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Sombra. Sorry for seeming so unhospitable, but you were rather..... unexpected."

  He let out a deep, rumbling laugh as you flushed from embarrassment. There could surely not be a smidgen o foulness in such a nice stallion...... Could there?