The Manual

Shaheer was perhaps calling me from behind, but I , as if in a trance replied nothing and entered Jamia. Passing through the corridor, I reached the main hall, where Alima Sobia used to give lectures to her students.The main hall was beautiful like before, with sunshine entering through colored glasses. Glancing at those glasses, I silently sat in the last row, among the pretty little students. I was prominent obviously! Alima Sobia certainly would have noticed me ! Perhaps she smiled at me or perhaps not ! I don't know why was I sitting there ! Perhaps my soul wanted me to!

Alima Sobia, sitting in the front, facing students ,with her characteristic sweet and soothing smile, was looking charismatic . I remember she always had this vibe of peace and calm..... After staring her for few minutes, her words brought me out of trance phase , I heard her saying:

Verily in the remembrance of Allah, hearts DO find peace

My heart was like gripped and shaken powerfully, reason...........again unknown! She stressed on the word " do" as if assuring the authenticity of this statement....She continued :

" Now, My lovely little kids! lets see what does this mean, hmm ? "
She stopped, as if waiting for permission from girls, which they gave with their enthusiastic smiles.

"Ok look here , what is this ?" she asked while holding a mobile phone.

" Baaji jaan! Haww!! does your mother let you use this Mobile phone ??? She always scold me when I hold hers! " A sweet little girl, about 9 years of age, energetically spoke with immense innocence. xd

Alima smiled and replied:
" Muqaddas , my cute girl! You will too get permission one day, when you will need it truly. But for now, you should focus on studying and if you want to play, then indulge in healthy sports.But you gave me the answer,that this is a device, called as mobile phone!"

After a pause she continued :
" Humans created many devices like this, but when a device is created for the very first time , there is always a manual issued with it which, explains how to use it rightly. When  someone first uses that device,he or she needs to read the manual and use it accordingly, right ?? "

" Yes baaji ( elder sister) " ....little girls having age between  about 9 to 15 years, looking undoubtedly pretty in their pink dupattas , replied with energetic voices.

" Next time,  that person uses it, he may need to consult the manual again , for the third time, he or she,very likely , will not need the manual, agreed my dolls???  "

" Yeessss! " This time there was an even more energetic reply.

" So my pretty little kids, if even these little devices were created by some human they were not growing on trees or cut from the ground, right ??"
All the girls laughed innocently .

"Then  the whole world, the perfect order of nights and days, the peak and fall of various seasons, vast oceans and rivers running in their own boundaries, the limitless sky and the human himself who is in real benefited by this universe ,  what do you think were created by no one??? "

One of the little girls got up and spoke in her cute sharp voice:
" No baaji ! Ammi ( mother) told me everything is created by our Allah Miyaan "

" You are right My Love! we as Muslims, believe everything was created by Him only. Now lets come to the main point! If Allah Pak created us and the whole universe for us, has He issued no manual??? "
The girls stared at that charismatic face silently.

" My kids He certainly has! and that manual is Quran e Pak , which explains the rules and ways to survive and succeed in both the worlds. For the first few times, you will need to consult to find those rules or ways, but then after some time the ways will be instilled in you as reflex actions!! Beautiful,right??? Having ways to please Allah Pak developed in you as reflex action!!!"
The girls cheered up , as if they had got a very precious gift.

"So Allah created us and clearly says in Quran e Pak , The Manual, that if u want peace, indulge in my remberance ! Now my angels , do You understand the meaning of this ayat ?"
"Alhamdulillah Baji jan, we have! "

"Very Good ! So, My lovely little kids, make Quran your friend, your compa.."
" How can we befriend it ? It won't talk Baaji jaan !"
" It will My love! It will! At a certain time, it will start talking to you and believe me it is the most soothing feeling ever and...." 

I never opened that Manual in years !!My heart was beating erratically and i rushed outside

" Are you insane?? Moominah how can u enter a strange building without even informing me ?? I was calling you from behind! Couldn't you listen?? The guards were not allowing me to enter, saying only girls can go inside! You were not even attending my calls! "
" I never understood The Manual!!!"
" Wait..What?? Im a fool to you ?? What nonsense are you blabbering!"

           Something heavy was pressing on my chest .I wasnt able to hear Shaheer properly.I wasn't able to reply him either.I stared at him with blank expression and got in the car.The mechanic must have repaired it few moments ago.

            Left aghast , Shaheer got in the car , constantly glaring me and perhaps saying something, which I couldn't comprehend! He stopped at a restaurant, thinking hypoglycaemia might be the cause of my insane behaviour. He placed the order and I went to use the restroom . I washed my face thrice as if trying desperately to turn back to normal!

       I came back to find Shaheer indulged in eating beef  steak. Seeing me, he gestured me to sit and start eating mine, which I did.

" Mominah! my mother was not happy on this engagement , u know right? You  will have to be very nice to her, and win her heart." he said while sipping his mint margarita.
" Huh?? Mother ? Your Mother ? Oh Yes ... yes I know!  "

Our generation grew up, watching those characteristic Oppressed Daughter in Laws' serials to the extent that, the mention of Mother In Law,  is enough to bring any girl back to her senses  xd xd
Infact my imagination took me into those serials . Cameras rotating around me and and suddenly shifted towards Shaheer's Mom . Suddenly dramatic drums start beating and camera comes from left side to focus on her

" My son ! "  she says loaded with jewellery and heavy makeup
" My son!" this time camera comes from the right !
" Divorce this woman right now! She has tried to kill me by putting excess salt in the curry!!"
camera shook in all directions, rotated in 360 degrees and came back to Shaheer.

Drum beating intensified......
" Talaaq( divorce)  ! Talaaq ! Tala.."
" Shaheer  Nooooooooooooo !!!" Indulged in my thoughts, perhaps I screamed in reality, I guess.... oopss !!!

Shaheer coughed out his bite, thinking I have seen some cockroach in it ! Or considering the level of my scream, some anaconda in it ! lollz . Imagination, left free for one second can take you anywhere, in one second you might be Angelina Jolie , and Bellatrix Lestrange in the next !!! Uhh.... there should be a way to manually control this too ! Oh ... control ....Manual........... perhaps I should meet Alima again ???

" Mominah you certainly don't seem fine! Let me drop you home! "

Special Note:
Dear readers! Im new in this novel writing. I might be doing alot of mistakes so  need ur support alot