Inheritors

I had a quite sleepless night. Next morning Hameeda ( our maid) came to wake me up and inform me that Shaheer's family was coming.
            This gave ma a panic attack afterall my susraliz ( in laws) were coming.......wait........ why were they coming???? I wonder if yesterday Shaheer has told them Im mentally unstable and they want to call off this engagement.....no! no!
             .Why would they do so? I mean I did perplex him but only one day right??? This will not result in my broken engagement loll........No ! He won't do this to me! He loves me ! Stop overthinking Mominah ! You sure are insane !!Stop panicking and lets get ready .......future bride !

        I took out a peach colored long frock designed with silver thread work. I paired it with a silver capri, net dupatta and light silver earrings. Awwwwww Mominah you always slay ! xd but still why are they coming...??? relax....dont start again!!

           After about an hour our maid was serving Shaheer's family. The lounge was full of appetising aroma of chicken bread , pizza and donuts and among these flavours of loud chatters and laughters.

" Mr Qureshi, actually we came to discuss something important. Fareeha is going back to America next month. So, we were wondering what do you prefer , should we plan the wedding date in next month before her flight or next year when she will return?" spoke Shaheer 's mother casually and I glared at Shaheer!

Next month or next year !!! I mean too early and too late !! what even ? Its my wedding not Fareeha's ! Urghhh! Nothing goes the way I plan it :(

" Mrs Sayyed! Next month will be too early. We want our daughter's wedding to be the best. I think then we will plan the wedding on Fareeha's return." My father replied after some thought.

I was still looking at Shaheer. I don't know why but I was feeling infuriated. My wedding has nothing to do with my own wish ! I know a month is too early, but a year, thats too much!!isnt it ?? Even my father didn't ask my point of view even once !

" Shaheer! What is all this yaar? Its our wedding . I had some different plans in my mind. Why were you not speaking even a word today?? When you were leaving I asked you to wait , but , you didn't! May I ask why??? You are not even taking a stand for me before wedding, what will you do afterwards? " I was blabbering angrily on call with Shaheer

" Momi ! Calm down! Calm down! Take a deep breath! I seriously think you are overreacting! What this matter has to do with the " stand" thing??? Fareeha is my only sister I definitely want her to be in the wedding! Stop being like a baby princess now ! Grow up.....we are about to get married!"

" About to ?? we will get married after your "dear" sister' s return! I mean she is more important to you than my wish......What difference will her presence make?? "

" Mominah!! Are you serious????You have no sibling so you cant understand what one is ! Im repeating stop overreacting! There is no comparison between you and her ......she is my dear sister and you are my wife to be......and you both are equally important to me! Listen to ....." and I cut the call angrily.

Uhh seriously ! It's gonna be difficult to live with him ! But  ......I think I really overreacted ! No.....he should have took a stand ! I mean her sister will decide my life.....no !

In the evening , I was sitting in the lounge when a lady from our neighbors came to meet Mom. Mom wasn't home so I attended her. She came to invite us for an Islamic lecture she had arranged in her house. I had no interest in her invitation. Infact many invitations like this come and pass unnoticed! But her last words caught attention of my whole soul

" From now on Alima Sobia instead of Dr Zobia will be giving lectures thrice a week , starting from this evening ! "
" What is your house number?? "
" Mentioned on the invitation card.." she said heavily as if she was sure no none would come from our house

The same evening I found myself in that house . Don't judge me ok! Alima Sobia is sure an interesting lady.........I just want to meet her once more.....perhaps!

" This beautiful lady here is Fatima Noor " Baaji jaan said while pointing towards a fair girl who seemed to me Chinese from her looks.Waaaaiittt......when have I started to call her Baaji jaan?? Well idk it's easy to say too !!

"She has lost alot for Islam and has gained much more. She has converted to Islam a month ago.Her parents have disowned her and has lost her home, her job too! I met her during an International Conference in China and seeing her bravery and love for this religion, I brought her here with me..... You will be amazed to see her enthusiasm to learn and practice each and every aspect of this religion. She has lost everything for this religion ladies!!Everything my ladies!!!!! But has gained Allah Pak !" Everyone glanced at Fatima Noor with welcoming eyes but to me she was looking as an insane person.....I mean why she did all this ........left everything to be called as extremist!

" And here we are! We got this religion without any hardship unlike our ancestors still we don't practice it or love it. You know why ? Because we never Adopted Islam instead we just have Inherited it. We are Muslims cause our parents were Muslims! Our actions ......are they enough to earn us the label of Muslim??" She paused and my train of thoughts were taking me through my deeds. What have I done to be called a Muslim????

"We see Islam only through eyes of  certain scholars reserved to enforce fatwas or through the eyes of the world which shows Islam as Maulvis beating their wives . This all has instilled a fear in us to be called religious. We have reserved religion only for scholars or for lower middle class! We think religious are  Extremists!!!" I felt as if she was addressing my own thoughts!!!

" The main problem is we never ever ourselves try to learn the essence of Islam. Islam is religion of Salamati( love and blessings) Islam knows no extremism at all. It just teaches love ! Atleast once, plz try! Plz! You will find only love and peace everywhere in this religion!!" but how do we learn the essence I thought

" You can try to learn Quran .Believe me Alhamdulillah there are many institutes providing courses that u can join alongwith your daily studies or job !" Again she spoke  as if addressing my thoughts.....again amazing me .What is she ???

" Just try once ! At the very least once! Believe me you will fall in love with Allah SWT and this religion itself!"

I don't know whenever she starts speaking her charisma involves me deeply. Her words are like pointed ice piercing my heart ! Today I wanted to meet her personally but I was not comfortable in my own dress up for meeting her !!!  Strange soo strange! In my own dress up I think Im the most beautiful, well dressed and groomed girl but still I was not comfortable to meet her!!! I think I was afraid of her judging me ........yes perhaps!! Today I felt like discovery a whole new aspect of life Religion! But we have just Inherited it never Adopted it !!  She is extremely right!!